• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Australia, South Africa, South America and Asia produce some very good golfers. Is there a Ryder Cup equivalent that they get to play in?
Presidents Cup, I think. America vs Rest of the World or summat.

Might be closer, this one should be done and dusted by 4pm tomorrow :ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like USA's horrid day yesterday will cost them dearly

Good to see Tiger back - 9 under for his last 11 holes so far today

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, because it's not like the Americans have been much better on the back 9 all weekend is it?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
they lost only one session, but ultimately that was enough for them to lose the cup....finally there was a tiger sighting at celtic manor.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Anyone catch the conclusions to either the Frys.com or JT Shriners Open this last week or two? Beyond belief...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the ace was on the 4th playoff hole, i think it was the 1st time someone won a pga tour event playoff with an ace...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yeah, that's what I'd heard too.

Add in the fact that there was barely 10 minutes' daylight remaining and Laird had just asked the rules official whether play could be suspended mid-hole if they reached the green and couldn't read the breaks...

I didn't think much could top Mediate's four hole-outs and the near-ace on the Par 4 17th last week, but you can never be sure of anything in this world...

grecian

I hope it will be Kaymer for both, after championing him for ages, I think he's had a great year. Really deserves it IMO.

BTW Massanero looks immense for 17, hey he looks immense for 25. Really could be anything. A lot of really exciting youngsters coming through.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
you don't want your fellow countryman to hold on...?:)

it's manassero isn't it? yeah the kid's awesome...must make mcilroy feel 40 years old...

grecian

Hey. I admire Lee for turning his game around, his fitness levels have improved so has his attitude, but to be number one without a major seems a bit hollow.

Yeah, not good on spelling me, if I can't get it spell-checked. I'm sure him and Rory will have many battles in years to come.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well done karlsson...he had the 18th hole so well planned out...drive it to the right rough off the tee, hit a solid layup on the second and nail the approach on the third....he did that 3 times in a row today:)...poulter has to be disappointed though, played well enough to win....another high finish for westwood and well done kaymer for capping off a wonderful year with the race to dubai prize...

social

well done karlsson...he had the 18th hole so well planned out...drive it to the right rough off the tee, hit a solid layup on the second and nail the approach on the third....he did that 3 times in a row today:)...poulter has to be disappointed though, played well enough to win....another high finish for westwood and well done kaymer for capping off a wonderful year with the race to dubai prize...
Was out there yesterday andnot one of Karlsson's approaches to the 18th were off level lies (first 2 were off side hill lies whilst the last was off a downhill one) and he hit all to 6 feet - amazing stuff under pressure

Poulter deserves huge praise for the way he handled dropping the ball on the final hole

I was about 20 metres away and I can guarantee that hardly anyone at the course was aware that there was a problem and it was only his honesty/integrity that brought it to people's attention