• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
after a few weeks of good golf i've got my handicap down to 6 for the first time ever... WOO HOO

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
after a few weeks of good golf i've got my handicap down to 6 for the first time ever... WOO HOO

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi fellow golf fans.

Got an interesting patent bet on tonight, Baddeley, Jimenez and Harrington in their respective tournaments, if they all win I'll be rich at 25, 40 and 14s.

Not going to happen though is it, would take the each-way coming in though, that would be upwards of 300 quid. Any updates from anyone watching it in their godforsaken countries, would be appreciated.:)

Son Of Coco

grecian said:
Hi fellow golf fans.

Got an interesting patent bet on tonight, Baddeley, Jimenez and Harrington in their respective tournaments, if they all win I'll be rich at 25, 40 and 14s.

Not going to happen though is it, would take the each-way coming in though, that would be upwards of 300 quid. Any updates from anyone watching it in their godforsaken countries, would be appreciated.:)
I thiink you'll lose out on Baddley...he's 4 or 5 behind, and not enough holes left to do anythng about it really.

grecian

Well Padders got me my money back, shame Jimenez dropped a shot on the final hole, would of been a nice each-way double. Mind you I always feel guilty about backing a bloke going through a sad midlife crisis anyway.

grecian

Hmm, I've backed Richard Green in the latest tournament, which puts me in the invidious position of backing an Aussie against an Englishman, in this time of all times:@

V Reddy

International Debutant
From the Indian Perspective, Randhawa and Jeev Milkha Singh are doing really good. For the first time in History, two Indians are in the top-100 i.e., 80 & 55 respectively.

Jeev won the Casio Open on the Japanese Tour Last week to make it three wins this season and all of them on different tours i.e., European Tour (Volvo Masters), Asian Tour (Volvo China) & Japanese Tour (Casio Open). What an year he is having, from around 300th spot to 55 now.. amazing. Actually he could have stopped playing this year and got into the top-50 with his divisor being reduced to 75 from 77 and secure a position in The Masters but he is playing two more events and so he is still in a dicey situation regarding the Masters.

grecian

Yeah, Jeev is looking a top player, could have a big season next year.

This weeks useless bets are bloody Nick Dougherty, that third round, he played like me!! Richard Green, I feel I'm backing the wrong green ATM. Also got a double on Campbell and Paddy in the Nedbank., might get the each-way bit for that.

V Reddy

International Debutant
He is leading the season ending Japanese Tour Event by 3 strokes going into the last 8 pins. If he records this win, i think he would get into the top-50. 2 titles in a row.. wow..

grecian

He did win, the guys immense at the moment, may be putting some of my shekels on him next year.

Got Appleby, argentina and Scwartzel in a patent this week, Stuart needs to get his arse in gear.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Jeev is at # 37th spot in the world rankings now. At the start of the year, he was ranked 319. What a rise in the rankings... wow...

luffy

International Captain
Completely off topic i had a round of 9 holes today my score including my handicap -10 par. Very good for myself.

Son Of Coco

grecian said:
He did win, the guys immense at the moment, may be putting some of my shekels on him next year.

Got Appleby, argentina and Scwartzel in a patent this week, Stuart needs to get his arse in gear.
:laugh: :laugh:

Only back Apples at the start of the year...he's come out firing the last couple!