• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yes. That is why I posted it. Can't see him doing anything in the Barclays now.

US picks are announced on September 7.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kuchar deserved that win, had a very solid season. It's a long time since he looked so promising in the Masters, but he really has turned his potential into something solid, after looking like it may drift.

Same story-arc as Justin Rose really. Can't believe Donald was picked ahead of him. Really should have been Casey and Justin ahead of Molinari and Donald.

Pothas

Moliniari pretty much forced his way in this weekend so cannot really complain at that, Casey should never have been left out though.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Kuchar deserved that win, had a very solid season. It's a long time since he looked so promising in the Masters, but he really has turned his potential into something solid, after looking like it may drift.
agreed...he has been playing really well since last fall...

Same story-arc as Justin Rose really. Can't believe Donald was picked ahead of him. Really should have been Casey and Justin ahead of Molinari and Donald.
what did padraig do to get picked? for me it should have been casey and rose instead of harrington and donald...molinari has been a hot player in recent weeks and deserved to be picked for mine...

grecian

agreed...he has been playing really well since last fall...

what did padraig do to get picked? for me it should have been casey and rose instead of harrington and donald...molinari has been a hot player in recent weeks and deserved to be picked for mine...
Yeah, Padraig lucky too, particularly as his Ryder Cup record isn't that great.

grecian

Wonder if Molinari and Jimenez will play together in the Ryder Cup, they're certainly the two form guys, would be an interesting contrast.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the commentators were mentioning that very thing towards the end of the final round yesterday...seems they get along very well with each other....?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Woods in then, quelle surprise.

When did Greg Norman become American too? Being interviewed on Sky just now and has def gone native.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I don't think you'll be able to find one decent bloke who'll begrudge Johnson that win after the palaver he's been through at the Majors this year.

TBH I would rather the golf gods evened things up here than at Celtic Manor.

social

As an impartial viewer, I always support the "away" team in the Ryder Cup as the behaviour of the home fans/some of the local players always seems to degenerate into something that reflects poorly on golf.

It's only been going for a day and I already want to smack Ross Fisher and tell him to pull his head in

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia, South Africa, South America and Asia produce some very good golfers. Is there a Ryder Cup equivalent that they get to play in?