• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tiger is such a gun

If Adam Scott doesnt win, I really hope that he does so he can take the green jacket off that sanctimonious hypocritical **** who is the head of Augusta

Son Of Coco

Looks like I was wrong, Tiger's plan to get as many holes under his belt as he could before The Masters is paying off.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
padraig misses the cut, old timers predictably struggle as the course gets tougher...so many good players in the mix for the weekend, westwood, poulter, woods, mickelson, kim, choi, yang....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
westwood separates himself, mickelson and poulter holding strong, tiger slowly but surely coming back to earth, a top 10 would be a good finish for him at this point...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
and mickelson with two consecutive eagles gets into westwood zone.....!
That was ****ing amazing from Floppy Phil there. What a half hour of golf.

Tiger with 3 three putts, still only four back. A chance but if not him I hope it's Westwood or KJ. Love both those blokes. Wetswood rock-solid down the stretch there after Mickelson launched like that. His par at 18 was fantastic.

You'd think it's out of those four.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
for me, it is between westwood and mickelson now, if the wind stays as friendly(as the forecast indicates) and the greens are kept reasonably soft, it could become a shootout and if so, it is difficult to see the final group come back to the pack and without some help from the leaders, can't see either choi or even woods catch them...

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Wow. Westwood & Mickelson in a position to win something.

Presumably the hobby psychologists will have to go after someone else should either of them take it away.

grecian

Wow. Westwood & Mickelson in a position to win something.

Presumably the hobby psychologists will have to go after someone else should either of them take it away.

Umm, right about Lee, but Phil's won a number of majors and twice here.

Anyway, I hope Westwood does it, he's really showed admirable discipline over the last few years, after it looked like he'd squandered his talents earlier in his career.

Of course Freddies putting not holding up, if it had over the years he'd have won about 10 majors. Best swing in golf.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
K.J. looks good ATM. Two Korean wins in majors in a row? Would be incredible.
mickelson pretty steady at the moment as well, yeah those two are the best players on the course at the moment...westwood doesn't look like he is going away either...

grecian

mickelson pretty steady at the moment as well, yeah those two are the best players on the course at the moment...westwood doesn't look like he is going away either...
Well, surely Phil can't keep on getting away with these errant drives? Oh what am I saying it's Mickelson, of course he can, it's the story of his career :p

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well would love it for my bank account, but the leaders have got to play the par fives, so I don't see it. Massive putt for Phil though. Odds-on now.
yeah and choi playing the 13th very poorly makes it that much easier for phil...if he doesn't make any big mistakes coming in, he is going to get his 3rd green jacket...

grecian

yeah and choi playing the 13th very poorly makes it that much easier for phil...if he doesn't make any big mistakes coming in, he is going to get his 3rd green jacket...
Yeah, horrible by Choi, really surprised at that, normally mentally secure, but the pressure of a major is unique, they're falling like a pack of cards, if Kim could get in at 13 under and Phil did something silly, who knows?