Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Golf Thread

Of course it counts dude. Yeah I have only hit around 8 or 9 man but I'm sure there is more to come.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy31
    To the far left is an actual picture of the "infamous" toilet hole
    I hope you mean to the far right....
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Hit 90 today or +21. After 7 holes I was +10, but I then embarked on a run of awesomeness. I was +11 after 15 (69 shots), looking on track for an awesome score, only to capitulate over the final 3 holes to finish up with 90. dam annoying. on one par 5, i hit the green in 2 shots. dam that felt good
    "Matt Damon"

I don't play golf anymore.. since the local course shut down but in my glory days I once shot 5 over par.

Truth be told the course was quite easy but it was still a great achievement as far as I am concerned. Played off a 10 in my prime.

Quote Originally Posted by nibbs
    Hit 90 today or +21. After 7 holes I was +10, but I then embarked on a run of awesomeness. I was +11 after 15 (69 shots), looking on track for an awesome score, only to capitulate over the final 3 holes to finish up with 90. dam annoying. on one par 5, i hit the green in 2 shots. dam that felt good

Nibbs, closing out is often challenging.. I would venture to suggest that those last 3 holes you are battling with your head more than the course.

Rumour has it New Zealand courses are a bit easy. I heard the sign of a tough New Zealand course is if there is one bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence
    Rumour has it New Zealand courses are a bit easy. I heard the sign of a tough New Zealand course is if there is one bunker.
    Michael Campbell played at quite a easy course growing up. Didn't do him any harm.

International Captain thierry henry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Nibbs, closing out is often challenging.. I would venture to suggest that those last 3 holes you are battling with your head more than the course.
    I was there tbh. Kurt played like 8 holes in which he got 6 pars, 1 birdie, and a double bogey. Then on the last 3 holes he went 7,8,6. Definitely a choke imo. He was aiming to go under 90, then after 15 holes he looked a good chance to get 84, which would beat my best score. This seemed to really get to him mentally imo.

I shot 95 and Kurt shot 90. Which is not good as I am on a 16 handicap and Kurt is on a 25.

Up until not so long ago Kurt had gone several years without beating me, now he has beaten me 3 times in close succession. Damn embarrassing.

Highlight of the day was the par 5 9th hole where both me and Kurt hit the green in 2 and made birdie

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by thierry henry
    Then on the last 3 holes he went 7,8,6. Definitely a choke imo. He was aiming to go under 90, then after 15 holes he looked a good chance to get 84, which would beat my best score. This seemed to really get to him mentally imo.
    :
    martin, hitting my eagle ball into that pond broke me tbh.

clarence, tbh, this course has about 9 bunkers

Kurt, when it gets to situations like that you've just got to ask yourself. What would Steve Prefontaine do?

Kurt, when it gets to situations like that you've just got to ask yourself. What would Steve Prefontaine do?
    he'd show guts imho, although Clarence, if you could clarify exactly what the situation is, it'd make answering the question a lot easier ffs.

where abouts do you play golf?
    winner of formula 1 prediction thread 2005 competition and look forward to next year

shakaSaulo@cricketmail.net

International Vice-Captain Slats4ever's Avatar
    Good to see this thread re-discovered.

for those of you interested I've got my handicap down to 8, after some consistant play. The drives are really setting things up and my chipping has been on fire of late with plenty of ups and downs.

My main problem of late has been my game from 120 in however with me missing plenty of greens...
    I'm hoping to work on this with my golf coach, Scott Davis.

I also got selected into Eric Apperley (pennants representatives for under 23's) and last weekend I played against an assistant pro. It's matchplay and I took him to the 18th hole so it's proving I can match it with the best of them.
    WCC - Manager of Warwickshire

police golf tournament on friday. i'm pumped and looking to improve on last years appaling display

Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information