• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
top showing there kasper... when u make 4 in a row, especially to finish your round on 15,16,17 and 18 that's when u know you're made it :p

nibbs

International Captain
**** cube, i've only got about 7 ever. although once, i did get 2 in a row, although it was on the last hole of one round, then the first of the next. does that count???

Last edited:

Kasper

Banned
Of course it counts dude. Yeah I have only hit around 8 or 9 man but I'm sure there is more to come.

nibbs

International Captain
Hit 90 today or +21. After 7 holes I was +10, but I then embarked on a run of awesomeness. I was +11 after 15 (69 shots), looking on track for an awesome score, only to capitulate over the final 3 holes to finish up with 90. dam annoying. on one par 5, i hit the green in 2 shots. dam that felt good

Blaze

Banned
I don't play golf anymore.. since the local course shut down but in my glory days I once shot 5 over par.

Truth be told the course was quite easy but it was still a great achievement as far as I am concerned. Played off a 10 in my prime.

Blaze

Banned
nibbs said:
Hit 90 today or +21. After 7 holes I was +10, but I then embarked on a run of awesomeness. I was +11 after 15 (69 shots), looking on track for an awesome score, only to capitulate over the final 3 holes to finish up with 90. dam annoying. on one par 5, i hit the green in 2 shots. dam that felt good

Nibbs, closing out is often challenging.. I would venture to suggest that those last 3 holes you are battling with your head more than the course.

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
Rumour has it New Zealand courses are a bit easy. I heard the sign of a tough New Zealand course is if there is one bunker.

Blaze

Banned
Clarence said:
Rumour has it New Zealand courses are a bit easy. I heard the sign of a tough New Zealand course is if there is one bunker.
Michael Campbell played at quite a easy course growing up. Didn't do him any harm.

thierry henry

International Coach
Blaze said:
Nibbs, closing out is often challenging.. I would venture to suggest that those last 3 holes you are battling with your head more than the course.
I was there tbh. Kurt played like 8 holes in which he got 6 pars, 1 birdie, and a double bogey. Then on the last 3 holes he went 7,8,6. Definitely a choke imo. He was aiming to go under 90, then after 15 holes he looked a good chance to get 84, which would beat my best score. This seemed to really get to him mentally imo.

I shot 95 and Kurt shot 90. Which is not good as I am on a 16 handicap and Kurt is on a 25.

Up until not so long ago Kurt had gone several years without beating me, now he has beaten me 3 times in close succession. Damn embarrassing.

Highlight of the day was the par 5 9th hole where both me and Kurt hit the green in 2 and made birdie :cool:

nibbs

International Captain
thierry henry said:
Then on the last 3 holes he went 7,8,6. Definitely a choke imo. He was aiming to go under 90, then after 15 holes he looked a good chance to get 84, which would beat my best score. This seemed to really get to him mentally imo.
:
martin, hitting my eagle ball into that pond broke me tbh.

nibbs

International Captain
Clarence said:
clarence, tbh, this course has about 9 bunkers

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
Kurt, when it gets to situations like that you've just got to ask yourself. What would Steve Prefontaine do?

nibbs

International Captain
Clarence said:
Kurt, when it gets to situations like that you've just got to ask yourself. What would Steve Prefontaine do?
he'd show guts imho, although Clarence, if you could clarify exactly what the situation is, it'd make answering the question a lot easier ffs.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Good to see this thread re-discovered.

for those of you interested I've got my handicap down to 8, after some consistant play. The drives are really setting things up and my chipping has been on fire of late with plenty of ups and downs.

My main problem of late has been my game from 120 in however with me missing plenty of greens...
I'm hoping to work on this with my golf coach, Scott Davis.

I also got selected into Eric Apperley (pennants representatives for under 23's) and last weekend I played against an assistant pro. It's matchplay and I took him to the 18th hole so it's proving I can match it with the best of them.

nibbs

International Captain
police golf tournament on friday. i'm pumped and looking to improve on last years appaling display