• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
faldo commentates for the golf channel, doesn't he(although i haven't seen him as much this year now that you mention it)? miller has been a regular for nbc sports for several years now...
Yeah, well the last couple of years, our coverage has come from Setanta, who use the American coverage more, when it was Sky they had there own people.

Anyway, incredible finish, yet again. You just knew he was going to hole that 18 footer at the last. Phenomenal.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, well the last couple of years, our coverage has come from Setanta, who use the American coverage more, when it was Sky they had there own people.

Anyway, incredible finish, yet again. You just knew he was going to hole that 18 footer at the last. Phenomenal.
actually faldo commentates for cbs sports and they haven't started covering any events yet that's why we haven't seen him much(have seen him on golf channel occasionally)....and yes fantastic finish in the fading light...vintage tiger...:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
so what are your masters predictions? my dream sunday would have woods, mickelson, harrington, ogilvy and norman all in contention but it is probably not going to happen...:), would love to see harrington pit his toughness against that of tiger...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
..and i would also like to see jeev milkha singh improve on his t-25 finish of 2008...he has started playing pretty well in these big events with top 10s in the pga championship as well as at doral...

grecian

so what are your masters predictions? my dream sunday would have woods, mickelson, harrington, ogilvy and norman all in contention but it is probably not going to happen...:), would love to see harrington pit his toughness against that of tiger...
Dunno, but it is fairly exciting with the big three all looking good. I've swerved all of them in my bets though, I won't mind if I lose if those three are competing, should be great to watch anyway, hopefully a bit better then last years anyway, which was a bit attritional.

I've gone for Furyk, Leonard, Weir, Kim, Baddeley and Villegas. Good three older pros who can putt, and a few young uns, who won't be awed by the big names. Prices ranging from 59 to 246-1, so I'd take some places to be honest.

Was quite pleased with the 199-1 on Justin, god bless Betfair:)

Son Of Coco

I'd love to see Norman, Appleby, Badds.com, or Ogilvy in the hunt come Sunday. Don't think it's impossible, but in all likelihood Tiger will be up there somewhere...it's too big an occasion for him to miss out on given it's his first major back from injury etc etc.

Wouldn't mind seeing Phil 'The Blob' Mickelson out of the hunt early though. Still don't like him :happy:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i would love to see jeev milkha singh in contention on sunday but it is most likely not going to happen...although he is paired with woods on thursday and friday, that should be fun...:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
chad campbell played very well so did furyk with a bogey-free effort...tiger at t-21 in spite of a largely horrible front nine, two bad misses at 16 and 17 and a horrendous bogey at the end, he needs to make some putts in the next two rounds to get into the mix by sunday...jeev milkha singh had an up-and-down round and did well to finish at 1 under...

grecian

Yeah was an odd finish from Tiger after working himself into a good position, and that bogey at the last means he's never broken 70 in the first round of the Masters:blink:

Anyway, I enjoyed the first day, you should be able to make birdies at Augusta if you play well, last year was more like watching a US Open.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it's now clear that woods won't win this year...he has left himself too much work over the weekend...

grecian

it's now clear that woods won't win this year...he has left himself too much work over the weekend...
Your probably right, yet it all depends how Campbell, Perry and Cabrera play, I think. All very decent players who could take the game away from Wodds, Harrington and Phil with decent rounds in the sixties, yet if they all falter, who knows.

I really dislike Garcia, it's becoming a bit pathological, he really is the new Colin Montgomerie. He missed a short putt, and started looking at the crowd as if they'd made some noise. No you **** you pulled it because you can't ****ing putt from close range. hopefully he'll win as many majors as ol' Mrs Doubtfire, too.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Your probably right, yet it all depends how Campbell, Perry and Cabrera play, I think. All very decent players who could take the game away from Wodds, Harrington and Phil with decent rounds in the sixties, yet if they all falter, who knows.
it is not just those top three...there is clark, furyk, garcia, kim with his amazing 11 birdies yesterday...too many people need to falter and i can't see that happening...

I really dislike Garcia, it's becoming a bit pathological, he really is the new Colin Montgomerie. He missed a short putt, and started looking at the crowd as if they'd made some noise. No you **** you pulled it because you can't ****ing putt from close range. hopefully he'll win as many majors as ol' Mrs Doubtfire, too.
i heard that his dislike of harrington was because that he whupped him in two majors....if that's true, says a lot about his character...whiny, jealous prick...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
and woods starts with a double bogey on saturday, probably the final nail in his 2009 masters coffin...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
cabrera or perry? and we get tiger and phil together in the wrong pairing for sunday...:)

grecian

cabrera or perry? and we get tiger and phil together in the wrong pairing for sunday...:)
It's an interesting one, Perry's form over the last few years makes him deserving of a major, but Angels already got one and may have the final day experience to win. I go for the Argentinian.

Can't rule out Furyk, Stricker and Campbell, in that order I think.

Pothas

Would be really good to see someone come from really far back to win it, think that 19 of the last 20 winners has come from the last group so it would make a nice change. Still would be happy to see Cabrera win it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
mickelson making a tremendous charge right now...4 birdies in 6 holes to move within 3...tiger struggling with his irons, not getting anything close and fighting with lengthy par putts, he is 3 behind mickelson already...and as i speak mickelson hits a fantastic 2nd shot on 7 from the rough to get within tap-in distance of yet another birdie!

grecian

and now Woods gets in the act with an eagle, but phil birdies too.

Could be a great finish:)