• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Isn't that true of all Majors where the big boys turn up at 100%?

But who on the LIV Tour not here would improve the field? Gooch seems to be the best player there (or one of the few taking it seriously) and we already know he's never going to challenge for a Major.
Lol

Wyndham Clark is a major champion & he was a nobody less than 12 months ago

Molehill

International Captain
Lol

Wyndham Clark is a major champion & he was a nobody less than 12 months ago
But he didn't switch to an exhibition tour where players have been paid before they even start 'competing'. He stuck it out and proved his competitiveness, guess we'll never know with Gooch. Kind of also shows that money clearly doesn't buy happiness.

social

But he didn't switch to an exhibition tour where players have been paid before they even start 'competing'. He stuck it out and proved his competitiveness, guess we'll never know with Gooch. Kind of also shows that money clearly doesn't buy happiness.
Nope

Clark was negotiating with LIV but priced himself out and they signed Hatton

:laugh:

social

This broadcast is atrocious

Groups all over the course and they show a group standing on the tee for a couple of minutes

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lots of big names miss the cut and plenty of others are too far back to make any impact over the weekend. It won't be anywhere near as windy tomorrow so expect better scoring conditions.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Homa playing well for my £5 punt at 45/1. Niemann also well placed at -2 at 20s giving me plenty of interest over the weekend.

social

Was trying to think of a cricketer with whom to compare Rory

Criteria is massive talent, great record but, if anything, hasn’t really done himself justice

Maybe Mark Waugh?

Hard to do as cricket is a team sport and Waugh’s teams won basically everything anyway whereas Rory falls a bit short on the individual honours

Possibly Joe Root

Great player but rarely regarded as the absolute best of his generation

Whatever but Rory is frustrating to watch sometimes

grecian

Hmm really shouldn't have boasted about my prowess at betting in this Tournament, yesterday was a disaster. Oh and I just can't warm to Scottie. The charisma and warmth of a damp sock, but ho-hum, very good golfer.