• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you've added an hour on there, it was slow but not that bad. The final group teed off at 4.30pm, they're halfway down the 11th after 3 hours 15 mins of play when it was called off.

I said Scheffler should be more like a 6-4 shot, well now he is. It's possible the only thing that can stop him is Mrs Scheffler.

Great round by Bryson, but he undoubtedly had the best of the conditions - he won't today with the wind looking even worse for the later starters (which does include Scheffler). Hojgaard, Homa and Hatton (must be something to do with an H) going well from those with the best conditions today.
DeChambeau is an interesting guy

Shot 65 with a set of prototype clubs only approved on Tuesday

Not too sure about Scheffler

The wind might quicken the greens up & he isn’t the best putter

Hit some amazing shots but didn’t have to putt brilliantly & had a lot of luck

Molehill

International Captain
DeChambeau is an interesting guy

Shot 65 with a set of prototype clubs only approved on Tuesday

Not too sure about Scheffler

The wind might quicken the greens up & he isn’t the best putter

Hit some amazing shots but didn’t have to putt brilliantly & had a lot of luck
That's one way to describe the most disliked player on tour. Even Koepka hates him and he barely gets bothered about anything.

If they speed the greens up that just helps Scheffler more. It's a ball striking course, if you make it harder to find greens that will just highlight his prowess. He had some luck on 12 and 13, but then he could also have easily birdied 3, 10 and 17 too. The biggest concern is that he waltzes away into the sunset and spoils it as an event.

social

That's one way to describe the most disliked player on tour. Even Koepka hates him and he barely gets bothered about anything.

If they speed the greens up that just helps Scheffler more. It's a ball striking course, if you make it harder to find greens that will just highlight his prowess. He had some luck on 12 and 13, but then he could also have easily birdied 3, 10 and 17 too. The biggest concern is that he waltzes away into the sunset and spoils it as an event.
Nah, that’s ancient history

DeChambeau has changed his public persona a lot in the last couple of years

He’s even friendly with Koepka and he’s not friendly with anyone

Btw, watch some of his stuff on YouTube as it’s very good

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
DeChambeau's great, glad he had a good round yesterday. My opinion on him has changed quite a bit in the last year or so. Few of his Youtube videos have come up on my feed and he comes across great, really likeable. And yeah, squashed the beef with Koepka ages ago.

Reed the most disliked player on Tour. Still a colossal dickhead.

Molehill

International Captain
DeChambeau's great, glad he had a good round yesterday. My opinion on him has changed quite a bit in the last year or so. Few of his Youtube videos have come up on my feed and he comes across great, really likeable. And yeah, squashed the beef with Koepka ages ago.

Oh yeah, forgot Reed!!

As for Bryson, he was having another rant again this week - effectively saying that if you jump ship to another company for money, why can't you still have a say in what happens in your old one???

I'm sure he has changed his persona, but it's hard to warm to him again whilst he's still spouting this rubbish. Funny how the LIV guys that are still likeable are the ones who have said very little (eg Koepka, DJ).

social

And Justin Thomas & Wyndham

Complete tools

social

Oh yeah, forgot Reed!!

As for Bryson, he was having another rant again this week - effectively saying that if you jump ship to another company for money, why can't you still have a say in what happens in your old one???

I'm sure he has changed his persona, but it's hard to warm to him again whilst he's still spouting this rubbish. Funny how the LIV guys that are still likeable are the ones who have said very little (eg Koepka, DJ).
LIV provides far more exposure to the players so you see more of their true personalities

Tiger has always been a **** but he’s got a wall around him and same with other guys from earlier eras

Molehill

International Captain
LIV provides far more exposure to the players so you see more of their true personalities
Are you actually part of their Marketing team or just a LIV bot? How can they provide far more exposure when no one is watching?

Agree about Clark though, seems an odd one. Also, no fan of JT, that very first segment with Spieth in the first Full Swing was nauseating. I've not watched the second season yet, it's **** like that which put me off it.

social

Are you actually part of their Marketing team or just a LIV bot? How can they provide far more exposure when no one is watching?

Agree about Clark though, seems an odd one. Also, no fan of JT, that very first segment with Spieth in the first Full Swing was nauseating. I've not watched the second season yet, it's **** like that which put me off it.
Hate to break it to you but the PGAT media is lying to you

It’s steadily growing and in any event, all you have to do is search LIV on social media and algorithms will push content at you

Guys like DeChambeau and Mickelson post good stuff for anyone interested in golf not the politics

Those 2 plus Harrington are among the best follows

Molehill

International Captain
social is Greg Norman Jr confirmed.
Talking of which, did you see that Norman bought his own ticket for the Masters then spent the day yesterday following Rory? What is wrong with the bloke?

Guys like DeChambeau and Mickelson post good stuff for anyone interested in golf not the politics

Those 2 plus Harrington are among the best follows
Harrington is indeed excellent - explains stuff in a way amateurs can understand. I've tried some of Phil's short game stuff but never rally worked for me. Maybe I'll try some Bryson then.....

social

Talking of which, did you see that Norman bought his own ticket for the Masters then spent the day yesterday following Rory? What is wrong with the bloke?
As I mentioned, I am no fan of Norman but that’s media spin

He was there for hours and followed multiple groups but mainly Bryson

Btw, notice how the host broadcaster doesn’t mention that Jack has and still is making a fortune in Saudi?

Doesn’t fit the narrative

grecian

could we just not with the Mainstream media bollox favoured by all tin hatters and discuss the golf?

Molehill

International Captain
As I mentioned, I am no fan of Norman but that’s media spin

He was there for hours and followed multiple groups but mainly Bryson

Btw, notice how the host broadcaster doesn’t mention that Jack has and still is making a fortune in Saudi?

Doesn’t fit the narrative
Sounds like he was mainly there to complain about LIV guys not allowed to play. Obviously this Masters has an asterisk against it already what with Gooch not present....a bloke who (checks notes) has one PGA Tour victory (a Fall crap one at that) and has one Top 20 in Majors.

social

Sounds like he was mainly there to complain about LIV guys not allowed to play. Obviously this Masters has an asterisk against it already what with Gooch not present....a bloke who (checks notes) has one PGA Tour victory (a Fall crap one at that) and has one Top 20 in Majors.
Put your anti LIV bias to one side for the moment and forget about their players

Olesen has done very little to get an invite & is random at best

The young Australian amateur is not the best in the country

OWGR aren’t worth the paper that they’re written on so forget about the top 50 criteria

etc etc etc

Fact is that the Masters is a strange tournament in that there’s only about 20 guys with a realistic chance of winning & a heap are just making up the numbers

Molehill

International Captain
Put your anti LIV bias to one side for the moment and forget about their players

Olesen has done very little to get an invite & is random at best

The young Australian amateur is not the best in the country

OWGR aren’t worth the paper that they’re written on so forget about the top 50 criteria

etc etc etc

Fact is that the Masters is a strange tournament in that there’s only about 20 guys with a realistic chance of winning & a heap are just making up the numbers
Isn't that true of all Majors where the big boys turn up at 100%?

But who on the LIV Tour not here would improve the field? Gooch seems to be the best player there (or one of the few taking it seriously) and we already know he's never going to challenge for a Major.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Spieth working on a quad on 15, his Masters is done. Tiger back to even par, Homa lighting it up on the back nine, a near hole-out on 17.