• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
and now padraig is in sole lead as poulter misses his birdie putt while harrington doesn't....!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
and now padraig is in sole lead as poulter misses his birdie putt while harrington doesn't....!
Well with the two par fives to come, I guess Padraig will probably win. Can't believe I didn't back him because of his ****ing wrist:@

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
All over for Greg?
well he is 3 back now and harrington is playing some solid golf...norman really needs to play some spectacular golf in the last 4 holes to have any chance, he just made a long putt for par on the 14th so let's see if he can feed into that and get some momentum going, but right now it is padraig's tournament to lose, poulter is definitely in the mix as well having made a brilliant save on the 18th...

grecian

Well the beauty of this course is the par fives at the end. Does mean you can finish strong after struggling all day. Padraigs tournament though, unless he ****s up, he's been really impressive these last few holes.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well with the two par fives to come, I guess Padraig will probably win. Can't believe I didn't back him because of his ****ing wrist:@
yeah padraig can go into some select company of repeating open champs...who did you bet on?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
No-one in the reckoning, Scott, Allenby, Appleby, Baddeley and Leonard.

My horror run continues:@
well allenby was there or thereabouts for a while this week, the rest were nowhere to be seen...tough luck...

grecian

Three of them in the top twenty, but you don't win owt for that I'm afraid.

Well done Padraig. can't see him losing now.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tad lucky with that second shot, you'd have to say.

Still, good to see a long-time guy like Harrington take it rather than some total nobody. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Harrington. Can afford a triple bogey on the last now and still take it. Nice to see a European win.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Fair play to Porridge, as Brumbers said, a European win is nice, was rooting for Norman personally but Harrington the next best for me.