• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clutch 10-footer putt from Woods to force an 18-hole play-off tomorrow against Mediate.
Which he'll probably win by 4. The guy's unbelieveable. I mean, who else could not play any golf in the lead up to a major, after having surgey, and be = 1st after 72 holes?

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Which he'll probably win by 4. The guy's unbelieveable. I mean, who else could not play any golf in the lead up to a major, after having surgey, and be = 1st after 72 holes?
he has been very inconsistent thus far by his own high standards plus there is the question of the extra burden on the knee, so i am not sure if it is open-and-shut just yet...

Burgey

Yeah but I'd be backing him. No disrespect to Rocco, who's been great, but Tiger's just on a different plane to everyone. Will be interesting to see how Mediate goes playing with Woods down the stretch.

Mind you, if Tiger goes double, bogey on the first two holes again, it could be very interesting.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
woody austin is such a pathetic, cheap, jealous piece of ****....supposedly woods just needs to hang in there and good things just magically happen to him all the time, he just has it so easy...the prick's lame "explanation" after stating that woods was not a tough player...no woody, he is simply 10 times better than you, and he has got infinitely more mental toughness, discipline and consistency than you....that's why he wins around 30-35 times for each of your wins...
:laugh:

Yeah it's a stupid thing to say. How good did he putt on days 2 and 3!? I didn't see today, but his putt on the last was impressive. I love seeing Tiger win, pity it's on so early tomorrow.

I like the ad above us to slash 5-7 strokes off your next round 'guaranteed...how, pray tell, does this happen!? Especially if you're not off 36.

Last edited:

grecian

Watched it now, Lee did okay, can't say you've collapsed when you have a putt on the last to get in the play-off, and you score the same as Tiger, when playing with him.

he has been very inconsistent thus far by his own high standards plus there is the question of the extra burden on the knee, so i am not sure if it is open-and-shut just yet...
Agree with this, he really hasn't looked himself all tournament, and rocco was cool as a cucumber yesterday. You'd be an idiot to bet against Woods, but with his iffy knee it's not a foregone conclusion IMO.

At least the play-off is at a time I can watch it:)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but I'd be backing him. No disrespect to Rocco, who's been great, but Tiger's just on a different plane to everyone. Will be interesting to see how Mediate goes playing with Woods down the stretch.

Mind you, if Tiger goes double, bogey on the first two holes again, it could be very interesting.
i am backing him too...but as you said, if he seesaws between the horrible and the sublime again like in the last 4 days it could get interesting...mediate is a steady player and you can potentially expect him to do the same thing he has been doing all tournament...it really depends on what tiger does or doesn't do...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Watched it now, Lee did okay, can't say you've collapsed when you have a putt on the last to get in the play-off, and you score the same as Tiger, when playing with him.
yeah westwood didn't lose because of the tiger effect...he stayed close throughout and had a chance until his second-to-last putt...

grecian

He made hard work of that in the end. Well done Tiger and Rocco, the peaks of both your careers I think:)

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Fantastic game from both. I know it's cliche but you really did want both to win. 15th the standout hole. Woods fantastic bunker shot followed by Roccos equaly as good put. Fantastic scenes at the end to what has the be the best championship I've seen.

Burgey

Great play off from both guys.

I'd like to see Tiger now give up the trivialities of golf and get busy solving all the world's problems.

The guy's Superman.

Burgey

If Woods drove it straight off the tee, would there be any point in other players turning up? Seriously, that waywardness is about the only thing which keeps others in it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
If Woods drove it straight off the tee, would there be any point in other players turning up? Seriously, that waywardness is about the only thing which keeps others in it.
no doubt, he is just miles ahead of everyone, the difference between him and mickelson in ranking points is greater than mickelson and the 1500 ranked player or something...kind of puts it in perspective...and that waywardness is something i don't understand...for the kind of perfectionist that he is, why hasn't he gotten better and more consistent with his tee shot?

Burgey

I think he has left it as is so there's some interest left in tournament golf.

I wish some benevolent billionaire in Australia would shell out for him to come and play here. I'd fair dinkum walk to Melbourne to watch him play.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I think he has left it as is so there's some interest left in tournament golf.
not likely...:), not for a man who says he prefers to blow away opponents rather than win in a last-putt thriller...

I wish some benevolent billionaire in Australia would shell out for him to come and play here. I'd fair dinkum walk to Melbourne to watch him play.
he hasn't ever been to australia?

Burgey

IIRC he played the Aussie Open in about 96 or 97, but hasn't played here since.

Son Of Coco

no doubt, he is just miles ahead of everyone, the difference between him and mickelson in ranking points is greater than mickelson and the 1500 ranked player or something...kind of puts it in perspective...and that waywardness is something i don't understand...for the kind of perfectionist that he is, why hasn't he gotten better and more consistent with his tee shot?
I assumed his sore knee had something to do with the waywardness in the US Open. For a bloke that's won 14 (or is it 15!?) majors I wouldn't describe him as wayward from the tee.