• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
reed has always been very good under pressure so i never thought he would fold, but it would have been something if spieth has gone -1 on 17 and 18 instead of +1 and got into a playoff...that was exciting to say the least...another near miss for fowler...mcilroy really need rained-out soft conditions all 4 days to win here or what happened last year where all the good to great putters were out of form all at the same time and rose and garcia, both distinctly average in that dept ended up slugging it out...he just can't handle the augusta greens when they are dry and fast (and today wasn't as fast as usual)...the folks who finished in front of him were all better putters and that's not a coincidence...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know we've all been crapping on about some nondescript tournament on in the U.S this week, where the winner gets to wear a jacket made out of old test match felt tabletop cricket pitches, but the real golf news this week is obviously me playing my second game in about a year today. It was a stable ford comp. and I started slowly - 0 points and a lost ball on the first. Managed to rattle off 4 pars in a row in the middle of the front nine though, including a 5 iron to 6 feet on a par 3 (obviously missed the putt). Back nine was a mixed bag, but the highlights were a 4 iron up the hill from 170m out on the 12th to 7ft and rolling the putt in for eagle. Also brought it home for our team on the last by making a birdie to square the hole when the other guys had a shot. 1 up overall and the golfing world can now react in a similar vein to Tiger finding form again. I should add, there were a couple of doubles thrown in for good measure. And a triple.

King Pietersen

International Captain
On a similar note - I shot PB 76 round St Annes Old Links on Masters Sunday to win a mixed tableford open with the missus with 49 points - 10 pars, 2 birdies, 6 bogeys. Solid.

Just annoying the day was ruined by that **** Reed winning a green jacket.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
woods 6 shots back of a whole bunch of players...both he and mickelson will struggle to make the cut on friday...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it's simpson's to lose now...woods makes the cut on the line...so does spieth and thomas...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Terrific third round from Tiger and Spieth but too little too late for both...hopefully they can make some noise and keep things interesting early on Sunday...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the greens were soft this week...easy win for simpson...tiger just misses out on a top 10...