• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
mickelson & hoffman as the captain's picks for the u.s, fairly predictable...grillo and lahiri for the internationals...didn't think price would pick lahiri after last time...hope he can redeem himself this time around...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really happy for him. He's been playing well most of the year.

Mate of mine is going to the President's Cup in a couple of weeks. Understandably excited about it too.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
looks like hidecki is running on fumes right now...has not been a factor in the playoffs after going into it at the top of the standings...doesn't augur well for the president's cup...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
xander schauffele (who?!) wins the tour championship and should have locked up rookie of the year honors as well...justin thomas wins the fedex cup and locks up the player of the year award...

SeamUp

International Coach
Junior Presidents Cup started yesterday. Singles today. USA lead 9-3 after 4-balls and foursomes but it looked closer than that and obviously the US players have more experience in this format.

Interesting to see the break-downs of the international team for both.

Seniors
Australia & South Africa 3
India, Japan, Korea, Canada, Venezuela, Argentina all 1

Juniors
South Africa 4
Australia 3
India, Japan, China, Thailand, Indonesia all 1

Be good if the senior internationals step up this week. Be good for the tournament. Be good for Thompson, Norman, Price, Els, Goosen, Player, Immelman, Vijay Singh etc

SeamUp

International Coach
Leishman goes and ****s up off the tee. Hopefully Day can recover and they finish this off to only be 2-3 down.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well this looks like a rout so far...disappointing in terms of the competition...i really thought after the last couple of events which were pretty close, it will come down to sunday afternoon...hopefully the internationals will fight back and make this more of a fight...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mate of mine flew over for this from Australia. Looks like he’ll be disappointed tstl

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Biggest choke from a number 1 since Greg Norman?

In numbers yes, but obviously the masters a bigger tournament, so not the same, but an Englishman taking advantage with a slightly unheralded 67 does make an obvious comparison.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Biggest choke from a number 1 since Greg Norman?

In numbers yes, but obviously the masters a bigger tournament, so not the same, but an Englishman taking advantage with a slightly unheralded 67 does make an obvious comparison.
DJ is kind of a choke maestro very much in the Norman mould...both artists in that department...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah this time i will wait to see if he can last for 4 rounds without having to undergo surgery before i get too excited..:)

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nah, it's Tiger. He's back and I'm excited. I'll probably be disappointed but would love it if he came back healthy and could string together a good run of tournaments. Been some good signs, mainly, the stinger is back!