• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
DFoes look great, but no lead bigger than one hole, still early days, could really do with Rory putting that marker in.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
looks like the americans with a few exceptions are showing their frailty in singles play...

grecian

Swung back majorly for the yanks, that's the thing with the Ryder Cup,amazing how it ebbs and flows when really one match shouldn't effect another, need a Europe swing now.

Putting Fitzpatrick at the bottom was an interesting choice, guess they were hoping to attract a big hitter, but they got the god-botherer, not sure that's going to work out well.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Europe are likely to lose this at the back end. Too many inexperienced or out of form players up against a strong US line up all the way down.

It's understandable that we'd front load again like four years ago but I think this will expose the gap between the sides.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Unbelievable golf today. Fair play to the Americans, they played some great stuff. Reed vs McIlroy and Mickelson vs Garcia were two of the greatest RC matches I've ever seen. Superb stuff.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
great comeback by justin thomas in malaysia! c'mon lahiri, don't choke when you have a 4 shot lead after 54..:(

social

Had my first game of golf in ages on Monday and shot somewhere north of 110 at Lakelands from the blacks.

Played today and shot 84 on the same course from same tees.

Tomorrow is Royal Pines

King Pietersen

International Captain
It's a stupid game sometimes.

Got myself booked in for a driver fitting at TourX (Golf Club Fitting In Manchester | Warrington | Liverpool) in a few weeks, once all the new gear is out. Will be the first time I've ever been properly fitted for a club so looking forward to it. Speaking to my coach and he said I should be able to gain some serious yardage compared to my ill-fitting frankenstein Titleist 910D2. Lower launch, lower spin and we'll be cranking out some 260-270 carry's hopefully (currently carry my Titleist around 240/245).

Also paid the deposit for a golf holiday in Mauritius later in the year. Cannot wait for that to come around. We're staying at Heritage Awali and so get our golf included at Heritage Golf Club which hosted the Afrasia Mauritius Open (won by George Coetzee) in 2015. Looks an amazing course. Roll on end of September!

#YesPlease

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
hideki has been on a tear the past 2-3 months...if he becomes more consistent with his putting, it seems the sky would be the limit for him...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Hideki is incredible. The win this week was without making ANYTHING with the putter. His putts-made distance stat was ridiculously low yesterday and yet he still won. His ball-striking is on another level right now, tee-to-green he's the best in the world.