Page 13 of 131 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The Golf Thread

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if he did tbh
    Well its never been done, so it's a big ask. Just takes one day he's off form in 16. This performance has been bizarre though, to be leading by 8 when he isn't even driving the ball well. He won't be able to do that when this course has been set up for the US Open. Yet I guess he's not planning at being 100% at this time of the year.

It's a possibility, but I think he won't ever do it, tbh.

Baddley and Scott look good this year, fancy one of then to pick up a major.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    It would indeed be a difficult task but if anyone can do it will be Tiger imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Well its never been done, so it's a big ask. Just takes one day he's off form in 16. This performance has been bizarre though, to be leading by 8 when he isn't even driving the ball well. He won't be able to do that when this course has been set up for the US Open. Yet I guess he's not planning at being 100% at this time of the year.

It's a possibility, but I think he won't ever do it, tbh.

Baddley and Scott look good this year, fancy one of then to pick up a major.
    scott won at qatar with an awesome final round...looks to be in good form, as to tiger's huge lead, his iron play and putting was awesome and that's what put in the driver's seat at the buick...the grandslam is a tough ask though, even for tiger...wouldn't rule it out though, when he gets in the zone, the rest of the field(including mickelson) is reduced to picking up the crumbs...

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Played The Dunes today down on the Mornington Peninsula...what a golf course! Extremely frustrating for the first 9 holes as I was hitting it well but scoring badly. Scored well on the last nine though (actually the front 9) after getting used to the layout and judging distances. A really fun day out on the course, with a few swear words thrown in!
    I've heard it's a great course. Love to play Moonah. Have you had a hit there?

In October had a hit at Barnbougle Dunes in Tassie - rated 3 in Australia by some. Full public access course, $80 and paid an extra $60 for a caddie who saved me about 15 shots. What a course it is:

http://www.barnbougledunes.com.au/
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Come on Damian McGrane.

Come on Damian McGrane.
    doubt it...

Come on Damian McGrane.

Anyway Woods looked fairly ordinary for two rounds, didn't last I'm afraid

Anyway Woods looked fairly ordinary for two rounds, didn't last I'm afraid
    yeah he was pretty spectacular in the final round, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    yeah he was pretty spectacular in the final round, wasn't he?

He was. Yet I'm disappointed in the likes ofr Els and Stenson, If they'd shot low Woods wouldn't have had a chance after his mediocre two days. You do worry that the contenders are just frightened of the Tiger.

Kaymer was impressive, maybe it's up to the young uns to challenge him, they're not from a beaten generation, so to speak.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I've heard it's a great course. Love to play Moonah. Have you had a hit there?

In October had a hit at Barnbougle Dunes in Tassie - rated 3 in Australia by some. Full public access course, $80 and paid an extra $60 for a caddie who saved me about 15 shots. What a course it is:

http://www.barnbougledunes.com.au/
    Yeah, I had a hit on the Moonah Open Course before coming back up here to Kingscliff...it was awesome! Long course, tough holes, but thoroughly enjoyable. (Even if I did swear profusely). My mate played Barnbougle a few months back too, he said it was unbelievable.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

He was. Yet I'm disappointed in the likes ofr Els and Stenson, If they'd shot low Woods wouldn't have had a chance after his mediocre two days. You do worry that the contenders are just frightened of the Tiger.
    well if you look at it like that, both els and stenson were also due a bad day after three steady to excellent days, right? it did look like both folded to the pressure by maybe playing too aggressively and in stenson's case, very average putting as well...that's probably what separates tiger from the rest, he attacks when he needs to but almost never screws it up...don't know whether it's because they are frightened of him though, they made an effort, they were both desperate for the win, i think it was simply because they are not as good...look at mickelson today at the tpc scottsdale, lost in a crunch situation to j.b holmes...as well as holmes played, difficult to imagine woods losing in the same situation...

Kaymer was impressive, maybe it's up to the young uns to challenge him, they're not from a beaten generation, so to speak.
    kaymer was good over this weekend but let's wait and see whether someone who can consistently challenge him emerges...

Come on Damian McGrane.
    I'd like to apply this once again, McDowell also.

I'd like to apply this once again, McDowell also.
    Hmm, even though I do use plastic paddyness on occasions, I'll have to demur in support of the Irishmen tomorrow. 3 pounds each-way on Jacquelin at 66-1, may be the reason for that

Useless French git. Should of taking my mates advice and sold him on the exchanges. Yet I don't really understand that type of betting. Still I'll pick up over 50 quid. Never heard of the winner before this week.

Looks like no luck for either of us. Still nice to see the local guy win.

Thread Information