• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno, he's still well in it. He's done okay today considering he wasn't playing at his best.

Bizarre final hole, but it was important he didn't drop a shot.

Has drifted from about Evens to 2-1, imho.
there are 12 players ahead of him and i don't think all of them are coming back(enough), so he's got to go catch them...and conditions for the weekend are supposed to be much tougher being windier days...it will take a huge effort from him, not that he isn't capable but at this point, i'd say after his good 2nd round, mickelson is the favourite, not tiger...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there are 12 players ahead of him and i don't think all of them are coming back(enough), so he's got to go catch them...and conditions for the weekend are supposed to be much tougher being windier days...it will take a huge effort from him, not that he isn't capable but at this point, i'd say after his good 2nd round, mickelson is the favourite, not tiger...
I'm all for Tiger coming up with the goods. Hope Mickelson shoots two 80's.

grecian

Well, Lefty has become fave with William Hill anyway. 3-1, Woods 7-2, Immelman 11-2.

Didn't see any of Phil, is he still cheating by using the two drivers. Disgrace if so, just because he can't hit the ball in one shape, he gets a club that does it for him. Should be outlawed.:@

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well this has been surprising....immelman comes in at -11, snedeker holds strong in 2nd place at -9, the general consensus that it was mickelson's turn has proved completely false, tiger made his move and climbed up a few places, but 6 shots off the lead with the way immelman and snedeker are playing is going to be too much even for woods...it's immelman's to lose right now, just too accurate and too consistent so far and really beating up the par 4s...as for mickelson, all that momentum and experience and happy memories were supposed to propel him to the front today but he just completely faded away...

Son Of Coco

well this has been surprising....immelman comes in at -11, snedeker holds strong in 2nd place at -9, the general consensus that it was mickelson's turn has proved completely false, tiger made his move and climbed up a few places, but 6 shots off the lead with the way immelman and snedeker are playing is going to be too much even for woods...it's immelman's to lose right now, just too accurate and too consistent so far and really beating up the par 4s...as for mickelson, all that momentum and experience and happy memories were supposed to propel him to the front today but he just completely faded away...
It's good to see these guys at the top of the leaderboard, almost as pleasing as seeing Mickelson go backwards.

Son Of Coco

why do you hate mickelson?:)
Just a few of the things he's said over the years. Seems to be a bit arrogant compared to some of the other guys out there. I like most of the golfers actually, they generally seem pretty decent. Mickelson is probably one of the few that annoys me.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a few of the things he's said over the years. Seems to be a bit arrogant compared to some of the other guys out there. I like most of the golfers actually, they generally seem pretty decent. Mickelson is probably one of the few that annoys me.
AWTA - not a fan either. Get the impression a lot of the other players aren't either. A fair few blew up when he was allowed to play after missing that pro-am last year - the reaction seemed to suggest more than just a reaction to the decision - seemed a bit personal.
Earlier this year, one of the Aussie blokes (can't recall whom) was an alternate for a pro am - when the bloke first scheduled to play pulled out about 15 minutes before the tee off, the Aussie bloke didnt get to the course in time to take his place. The PGA, displaying one of the great double standards, DQed him from the tournament on Thursday.

grecian

Ahh, though keeping Aussies out of tournaments is a noble thing, and should be encouraged. Well done Daly for not turning up, he'd had a big night in Hooters the night before. My hero.

Anyway, I'm going to be so pissed off when Immelman takes this out. Been following him all year, but thought Woods was certain to win this, so put all my money on the Tiger, not just for that silly bet, but for outright.

Still, sums up my betting year.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Earlier this year, one of the Aussie blokes (can't recall whom) was an alternate for a pro am - when the bloke first scheduled to play pulled out about 15 minutes before the tee off, the Aussie bloke didnt get to the course in time to take his place. The PGA, displaying one of the great double standards, DQed him from the tournament on Thursday.
Ahh, though keeping Aussies out of tournaments is a noble thing, and should be encouraged. Well done Daly for not turning up, he'd had a big night in Hooters the night before. My hero.
:laugh: , it was daly misinterpreting the tee time told to him over phone or something, o'hern and a japanese player who were the 1st and 2nd alternates who obviously didn't know and missed out...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i am not a huge fan either but i don't know that i hate him...:)

grecian

Tiger's putters been so cold this week. I don't think I've ever seen him so bad. He's not even threatening the holes at the minute.

Immelman showing some nerves.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For people who know their golf...

I had money on Immelman just before close yesterday... he's just gone up to 3.00 with Snedeker shortening.

Should I be worried of a choke?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

I had money on Immelman just before close yesterday... he's just gone up to 3.00 with Snedeker shortening.

well it is too early to say he's choking, everyone on the course is struggling in real windy conditions(20-25 mph)...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Tiger's putters been so cold this week. I don't think I've ever seen him so bad. He's not even threatening the holes at the minute.
he has been putting pretty badly, although he just made a birdie at 6...

grecian

Tough to say. I'm a fan, he's won every tour he's played on, so he's stepped up each time. His driving looks immense and the swing is holding together well.

The reason I didn't back him here was that he's been having injury probs this year, not been in great form. You never know how anyone will go on the back nine in a major when in serious contention for the first time.

Snedekers been bouyed by an early flukey eagle, he won't last imho.

In these tricky conditions I fancy 7 under to win. Immelman at 10 atm, has a great opportunity, imho. That great up-and down at the fourth won't hurt.

Steve Flesch looks the main challenger.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Tough to say. I'm a fan, he's won every tour he's played on, so he's stepped up each time. His driving looks immense and the swing is holding together well.

The reason I didn't back him here was that he's been having injury probs this year, not been in great form. You never know how anyone will go on the back nine in a major when in serious contention for the first time.

Snedekers been bouyed by an early flukey eagle, he won't last imho.

In these tricky conditions I fancy 7 under to win. Immelman at 10 atm, has a great opportunity, imho. That great up-and down at the fourth won't hurt.

Steve Flesch looks the main challenger.
immelman set to go -12 on the 7th...he is running away with this, jono's money is safe...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Come on Immelman :)

Funnily enough, I really know nothing about golf, but have a lot of respect for Tiger Woods, but the only reason I bet on him was because a mate of mine (who likes golf) called me stupid for even looking at the odds before the tournament saying if I bet on anyone but Tiger it'd be money down the drain.

Had to try and prove them wrong, particularly since he still said Tiger would win after the first round.