• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
johnson misses the cut, rory looks like he will too, spieth and day both lurking right now, jimmy walker is finally lighting it up in a major, can he keep it going on the weekend?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
walker and strep tied for the lead, day two back, rory misses the cut and phil just about makes it into the weekend...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Big win for Russell Knox, looking like he could be an automatic selection for Hazeltine.

Also, Battlefield Promotion for Wesley Bryan, made famous from the Bryan Bros trick-shot videos, secured his 3rd win of the season on the web.com tour and moves straight up to the big leagues.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it won't be a great advertisement for olympic golf if marcus fraser ends up winning the gold...stenson is in contention and rose is lurking, i hope one of them can get it done over the weekend...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How come you think that when every second week a random unknown Yank wins on the pga tour?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
How come you think that when every second week a random unknown Yank wins on the pga tour?
this is different from an established entity like the pga tour where you have a tournament every week for most of the year (enough stars/talents win during the year to offset those out-of-the-blue wins by no-names), olympic golf is an experiment that they are hoping would be popular and successful (especially in the context of the withdrawal from some of the best players in the game) and i think an established star winning will go a long way in having it called a success...my opinion of course...

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
See, if he hadn't used up all that energy smiling, that would have probably had enough oomph to make it to the hole.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I backed Rose for the princely sum of 50p, 6 whole pounds. I have him doubled with Lexi Thompson though for lots more.