• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Westwood in at -2, bet he'd take a 70 now in the last round and take his chances.

Up there again in a major but you just can't see him winning.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Garcia
Westwood
DJ
Kuchar

I think this would be my list in order of people who "deserve to win" their first major in the field, Obviously Garcia is a complete idjit, so really hope it's not him.

I think Lowry will get it done though, 4 shots is massive and there's no proven winners in slams behind him, they#ll all be as nervous as him. Think if Day, Spieth or McIroy was in the chasing pack it maybe different. I suppose Day isn't too far off, if you factor in a collapse from Lowry.

grecian

Koepka can definitely get himself in contention here, if he can get in at about 2 under and the wind gets up.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It seemed pretty harsh last time it happened but this is ridiculous. Why can't they just make a ruling and let him play without wondering if he'll be penalised at the end? Completely unfair.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
golf has so many of these utterly rubbish rules all administered so arbitrarily too! well done dj! glad a pedigreed player won on this historic course! hopefully this will be the first of a few for him!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think it's fair to say he lost it even though he played like a dog. He was only a few in front.
Well done DJ though, finally!

well...lowry certainly choked under major sunday pressure...i think you have to go back to 1990 or something for the last time someone with a 4 shot 54 hole u.s open lead lost on sunday...having said that, the better player won so fair result in the end!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
day, piercy tied for lead at firestone, johnson 3 back, spieth falls back to even par but still only 5 back, has a small chance tomorrow, rory tied for second in paris...good to see all the top players in the mix, kind of...

social

I didnt realize that Manassero had fallen all the way down to 596 in the world and apparently the Scottish Open was the first time in 2 years that he had put together 3 sub-par rounds in 2 years

He has too much talent to be playing at that level and it's nice to see him back in form

Last edited: