• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't think augusta national is run by the usga or that they set the rules for club membership...regardless, i agree that these primitive rules sound so ludicrous well into the 21st century...i was not trying to compare and say one is better than the other...just saying it is a good sign that the pompous, conservative, misogynistic windbags running the r&a are finally waking up to the world around them...

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Well Rory did! Spieth's got a job to close from here.

My own, first game in 8 months, 13 over, with 3 birdies and 5 pars. Overall pretty happy having never played the course before. Gailes at South Brisbane.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
spieth has all sorts of swing issues...his short game was keeping him in contention but it finally caught up with him on sunday...pretty much the only way sergio can win a tournament these days...this one a massive choke from koepka...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i wouldn't call mickelson a moron, just an opportunistic asshole...playing innocent now that he has been caught...also he is clearly getting away with it...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Chris Wood, and much more importantly well done me for backing you at 66-1.

Jessica Korda in the lpga would be a better win though.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
good start for day, johson leads at muirfield village. rory and jordan barely in it right now but that could all change with a good round tomorrow...

grecian

Gawd, it's that time when we find out most golfers are moronic Republicans, we kinda know this anyway, but elections to bring it into our focus, so we can't ignore it.

Oh and BJÖRK's caddy has great legs, which is a pretty weird sentence to type,

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah nicklaus endorses trump and a poll on golf.com showed that pga tour golfers skewed republican significantly...i was surprised to find a small % who said they would vote clinton...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
mcgirt, kuchar and woodland tied for the lead...day just three back, mickelson 4 back and mcilroy 5 back, all still in with a chance...kuchar has been flirting with the trophy the last 3 or 4 starts, it is time he closed on one of these...

grecian

Quite interesting really, one of the reason I'm bored with men's tennis is the same bloody winner, but golf has always had the other problem, big field, all the names up there and who ****ing wins William McGirt, a 36 y-o bloke with no career beforehand, who I've never heard of, and looks like he's a truck driver from the deep south with a gut built from chicken-fried burgers and Beer.

Mind you there is a charm to that in it's way but I'm reasonably saure TV companies and sponsors aren't too delighted.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah he played well and deserved to win but i like it when one of the established players or at least a great young talent wins...kind of validates the importance of the tournament (for me)...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
henderson wins the women's pga for her first major beating ko in a playoff...some exciting young stars in the lpga right now...