• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stop all the only one other Englishman has won it, Lyle was born in Shrewsbury and Woosnam Oswestry. In fact I think all about 50 miles away from each other along with Faldo.

Scaly piscine

Can understand someone who's not won it before bottling it, but not someone who's already won it.

I guess there are different pressures. Being a little bit ahead and knowing you just need to be 'solid' was what he didn't get his head around.

Pretty brutal hour or so for Spieth, being last on the course knowing you've stuffed it. The interview. Then having to present the green jacket to the guy who's just beaten you.

grecian

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding for the Champions dinner with spotted dick or jam roly-poly pudding for afters.

Suet and Lard it's what makes champions.

Scaly piscine

Was mostly sausage rolls and chicken breast fillets when I became World Champion. Scrabble has a lot of finishes that are as brutal as that one. Fortunately I haven't been on the wrong end of too many myself.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Missed the last few holes unfortunately, but saw Spieth on the 12th. He's going to be gutted of course. Well done to Willett though, held his nerve and won a bloody major. Westwood surely deserves one, may be running out of opportunities

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So between us that's 25 different pick and not a single podium place!

But of fun though. Thanks for keeping track Vimes.

grecian

So between us that's 25 different pick and not a single podium place!

But of fun though. Thanks for keeping track Vimes.
I was thinking of Willets, but he was actually pretty high-ranked. Think perhaps the ranking threshold was a bit too high, but ho-hum.

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah cheers for running that compethemastersisriggedtition vimes it was heaps of fun and a great tirickiefowleryouspudme

happy to have the highest placer and still lose by eighty

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
looks like fowler and spieth are going to miss the cut at the players...great charge up the leaderboard from mcilroy today, day dominating the tournament so far...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
those royal and ancient neanderthals are finally waking up to the second half of the 20th century...they haven't reached the 21st century yet but this is a step in the right direction...:)