• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was his most impressive shot so far, he knows the situation he's in and to play a shot like that on these lightening greens is ****ing unreal.

social

Is Westwood actually a better, "best player not to win a major" than Monty now? About 18 top tens, 2 seconds, 5 thirds.
Obviously a top player with a stack of wins but I cant recall him winning any event where a majority of the top players were competing

cpr

International Coach
Had Spieth, Johnson and Westwood as my 3 bets to win. Today has not gone good. Hate Willett

Shady Slim

International Coach
Don't think anyone said he isn't, yet if willets gets in at 5 that's a lot to do for someone not exactly looking brilliant.
yeah that's a fair summation, willet getting in at six should lock a playoff at worst barring a legendary spieth rally

DJ ruing many of those missed eagles right now

grecian

Obviously a top player with a stack of wins but I cant recall him winning any event where a majority of the top players were competing
Well I'm comparing him with Monty who hadn't really done that either, almost double the top 10s in majors than Mrs Doubtfire, plus World number 1. Let's face it, it's an odd title most of the half-decent players have snagged one major at least.

Garcia probably better than both as much as it pains me to say so.

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
-5 it is then hey, DJ will have to eagle 18 if he gets par on 17, spieth will have to birdie three from four for a playoff, looks like a birdie here considering his putting.

Pothas

Way Spieth has come back is hugely impressive, don't think it will be enough but most will have totally crumbled after that 12th.

grecian

Way Spieth has come back is hugely impressive, don't think it will be enough but most will have totally crumbled after that 12th.
It started with the bunker shot on 12 really, great up-and-down, could easily have been 8 or 9.

social

Well I'm comparing him with Monty who hadn't really done that either, almost double the top 10s in majors than Mrs Doubtfire, plus World number 1. Let's face it, it's an odd title most of the half-decent players have snagged one major at least.

Garcia probably better than both as much as it pains me to say so.
Has Westwood ever thrown one away?

Been there and there abouts a lot but I can never recall him having an absolute meltdown when in control

grecian

Has Westwood ever thrown one away?

Been there and there abouts a lot but I can never recall him having an absolute meltdown when in control
Well as someone who backed him then he had a spectacular three-putt on the 18th from no range in the Open when Cink and Watson got in the p-o.

Well that could be that. We'll see.