• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know he must be playing **** but have been watching for about 30 minutes and haven't seen Rory hit a shot

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I know he must be playing **** but have been watching for about 30 minutes and haven't seen Rory hit a shot
yeah he is 5 over for the day and playing quite poorly...the contrast is more pronounced because of his playing partner...

grecian

I've been slagging Spieth's general play, but in the end his putting performance on slicknasty windy greens has been just omnipotent, drive for show, putt for dough as they say.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spieth has put in a winners performance today. Not at his best but he has found a way to get a good score on the card. Take your hat off to him that he can be so good at that when he is so young.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Spieth has hit so many shots to his right and still had a great round. Running away with it. Don't see any one beyond par having much shot now. Seven players. Most likely Spieth though with a lead of three.

grecian

Who the **** is Smyie Kaupfman, and why does he sound like a vaudeville act from the depression era?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
They usually focus on top 5-6 players at one time and once Rory went two over, they stopped showing him till a lot others finished.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I've been slagging Spieth's general play, but in the end his putting performance on slicknasty windy greens has been just omnipotent, drive for show, putt for dough as they say.
yep, fantastic putter...although he stumbled again at the finish to keep things interesting tomorrow...it is still his to lose but a lot of other players are in the mix now...

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
yep, fantastic putter...although he stumbled again at the finish to keep things interesting tomorrow...it is still his to lose but a lot of other players are in the mix now...
Not at all, if someone has a 65-66 and Spieth has 69 you wouldn't say he lost it. Spieth will be happy he's in the lead after 54 but as you could see today, so much can happen in 18 holes.

social

It's interesting to compare him with Rory

The latter's swing is so much better but as always, it's not a case of how but how many

Anyway, I think I've mentioned previously that Spieth putting is other-worldly but his general game is good but not great

As such, it is hard to believe that he will have an extended stay at the top unless there are substantial improvements in other areas because putting is the first thing to go