• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Day coming into form at the right time

He has gone from a nearly man to serial winner in the space of a few months
just came in to post the exact same comment...he has become pretty clutch over the last two years...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the top 3 advance to the quarters...otherwise it has been the typical crap shoot you expect with match play results..

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
scott and day have been in great form this season so far, day has won 6 of his last 13 starts! that is tigeresque!

King Pietersen

International Captain
Day is incredible. Has overcome the inability to close out a tournament and now thrives on the pressure at the end of a tournament. The bunker shot he played on 18 at Bay Hill was exceptional, and he sunk so many putts against Rory to put him away. Great stuff from Day, has to be one of the favourites going into Augusta. Still think Spieth and McIlroy will come good on the big stage, but they're in for a battle. Day, Scott, Spieth, McIlroy, Fowler, Bubba and Stenson, man it's going to be a good major.

Shot a new PB over the weekend. +13 in incredibly tough conditions at Lancaster. Had 5 three-putts too, so if I'd avoided them I'd have broken 80. Ah well, just nice to be playing some decent golf so early in the season.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/dan2501/round/790862

Need to start scrambling better and start turning those doubles into bogeys at worse and I'll be well on the way. Booked an hour putting lesson for next week too, hopefully that'll help combat some of the putting woes.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Golf is probably the only sport that could get away with one of it's major women's tournaments being named the "Ana Inspiration".

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Day is incredible. Has overcome the inability to close out a tournament and now thrives on the pressure at the end of a tournament. The bunker shot he played on 18 at Bay Hill was exceptional, and he sunk so many putts against Rory to put him away. Great stuff from Day, has to be one of the favourites going into Augusta. Still think Spieth and McIlroy will come good on the big stage, but they're in for a battle. Day, Scott, Spieth, McIlroy, Fowler, Bubba and Stenson, man it's going to be a good major.

Shot a new PB over the weekend. +13 in incredibly tough conditions at Lancaster. Had 5 three-putts too, so if I'd avoided them I'd have broken 80. Ah well, just nice to be playing some decent golf so early in the season.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/dan2501/round/790862

Need to start scrambling better and start turning those doubles into bogeys at worse and I'll be well on the way. Booked an hour putting lesson for next week too, hopefully that'll help combat some of the putting woes.
Well done mate! There seems to be a 219yard par 4 though...What's the challenge to that particular hole? The rest looks like a decent card if you've had that many 3 jabs.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Cheers pal. That hole is shortened for Winter, tee was moved right up as new drainage has been put in across the fairway, so majority of the fairway was GUR so they shortened it to take the fairway out of play. Is back to the normal tee now, and playing much more difficult.

Meant to be playing 2 Handicap cards at Lancaster this weekend if the weather relents. Looking forward to getting the handicap sorted at last and being able to play in some Opens.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had my first proper round in years yesterday and shot 84

Very happy with that as it was a tough course (The Pines Course | Public Golf Courses | Gold Coast, Brisbane) and I was playing with 25 yo sticks

Really helped that I was playing with my son and was trying to demonstrate to him the benefits of alignment, controlled swing, etc etc

Only a matter of time before I start lashing it and remembering that I used to have the yips :laugh:

social

The careers of Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan, and Carl Petterssen continue to head south after the anchoring ban with all 3 missing another cut

Hope they saved some money because they could soon be out of a tour card unless things turn around

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The careers of Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan, and Carl Petterssen continue to head south after the anchoring ban with all 3 missing another cut

Hope they saved some money because they could soon be out of a tour card unless things turn around
hunter mahan never used an anchored putter..?

social

Thought that Mahan converted to the belly putter?

If not, it makes his fall from grace even greater

Anyway, forget the "only had a belly putter too" argument

I used one for a round, couldn't miss and IMO that really was legalized cheating

The long putter required a totally different technique and you could still **** it up as the hands still played a big role in the stroke

Last edited: