• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain
Shooting under-par in those conditions on Sunday is unreal golf. Guys were moving up the leaderboard shooting +4 - Dustin Johnson shot +8, Scott Brown who was leading shot +15. Great win for Sneds.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
bubba wins riviera...he is becoming a lot more consistent that he used to be...rory has a bad sunday...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Scott records his 3rd * 2nd place finish to go with 8 top 10s since switching back to the short putter 10 tourneys ago

Wouldn't surprise me to see him win another major this year

King Pietersen

International Captain
Other than a couple of three-putts he putted really nicely. Was stroking the ball beautifully, looked as comfortable with the putter in hand as I have ever seen him. Could be a good year for Scott.

social

Last 18 months have seen massive change (e.g. marriage, baby, new equipment, new putter plus he didn't play much)

Still has one of the world's best swings and it's only a question of how much he wants it IMO

Guy is worth well over $100 million due to massive off-course deals and minimal tax so tough to be as motivated as he once was

social

Good win for Scott and backs up my contention that his game was never overly reliant upon the long putter - the guy is simply streaky with whatever he uses and can win with anything on a given day

Having said that, he seems to be in a different position to some as the games of many others have fallen off a cliff since being forced to switch

I particularly feel for Pettersson (never played with a short stick before this year) and others for whom it is a real medical issue (e.g. Tim Clark)

Really is a bs law

Last edited:

social

What happened? He was 4 ahead when I left for work!
From what I gather, Rory hit the ball all over Florida and dropped a couple of shots whilst Scott shot the lights out after a couple of early double bogeys

social

Bowditch shot 4 scores in the 80s, finished 49 shots behind the winner and made $48,000 for coming last

Not bad work if you can get it

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to beat when he is on as he holes everything and drives it miles
nope, i spoke too soon...he was all over the place with his irons...actually he was pretty erratic on saturday on the back nine but scrambled very well, looks like it finally caught up to him on sunday...well done by scott, two big wins in consecutive weeks!

social

Day coming into form at the right time

He has gone from a nearly man to serial winner in the space of a few months