• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:D

yeah it was a boring finish, very little drama down the stretch...what does knox's sister do? is she a t.v star?
Oh sorry for the late reply, been very busy working then drinking to forget the working. Nah she's on local Radio in Furball's land, you can listen to it online though, which I did. Here https://twitter.com/knoxydiane. Sky Sports kept on going on about her which is why I streamed the radio show, I don't listen to Clyde1 that often.

BTW I very much approve of Sky's expert commentator "Henni Zuel" as a reasonable fan of women's golf I'd never heard of her, but I very much appreciate her, umm, talents.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
rory in a good position after thursday at dubai...has a lot of competition though at or around the top, lots of strong players in the mix...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
rory back to the winner's circle, has had a season most players would give their arm and leg for but it is still a disappointing one for him...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
matt jones holds off spieth and scott to win the aussie open...scott is putting reasonably well with the short putter so far...

social

matt jones holds off spieth and scott to win the aussie open...scott is putting reasonably well with the short putter so far...
Good tournament at a great course

As I have pointed out before, Scott's form was never likely to fall off a cliff due to his putter change as he never got a real advantage from the long one anyway - basically he is average & streaky with all of them

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Good tournament at a great course

As I have pointed out before, Scott's form was never likely to fall off a cliff due to his putter change as he never got a real advantage from the long one anyway - basically he is average & streaky with all of them
here is the thing, scott himself believed that he was steadier, more accurate with the broomstick and the stats and his results supported that before 2015...he is streaky with the short stick for sure, the last couple of tournaments, he got into contention by essentially having one good to great putting round on sundays...whether the fact that he won a major and reached the no:1 ranking bolsters his self-belief enough to push him back to the top remains to be seen...given the right conditions, he is good enough to still win a major and get back into the top 10...but i don't see him getting back to the no: 1 ranking, he is just not as good all-round as day, spieth, rory et al...

social

here is the thing, scott himself believed that he was steadier, more accurate with the broomstick and the stats and his results supported that before 2015...he is streaky with the short stick for sure, the last couple of tournaments, he got into contention by essentially having one good to great putting round on sundays...whether the fact that he won a major and reached the no:1 ranking bolsters his self-belief enough to push him back to the top remains to be seen...given the right conditions, he is good enough to still win a major and get back into the top 10...but i don't see him getting back to the no: 1 ranking, he is just not as good all-round as day, spieth, rory et al...
Think you'll find that Scott's stats have been ordinary for all bar one year i.e. well over #100 in the rankings every year

Whilst I don't doubt that he was more comfortable with it, stats don't back him up and his putting with the broomstick cost him at least 2 British Opens and arguably 3

I'd be surprised if he really cared about the no.1 ranking - been there, done that and his schedule is aimed at the majors not ranking points anyway

It will be interesting to watch Spieth going forward as his game is really propped up by unbelievable putting and if that goes off a bit (inevitable IMO), he will struggle to compete with Rory and Day

social

Don't think the organisers of the Oz PGA will be too thrilled with his first round of 84

Royal Pines is a really tough course now and it's windy today but that's a horrible round from a player of his quality

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
spieth tied for the lead in the bahamas going into the weekend...the kid is amazing...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Think you'll find that Scott's stats have been ordinary for all bar one year i.e. well over #100 in the rankings every year

Whilst I don't doubt that he was more comfortable with it, stats don't back him up and his putting with the broomstick cost him at least 2 British Opens and arguably 3

I'd be surprised if he really cared about the no.1 ranking - been there, done that and his schedule is aimed at the majors not ranking points anyway

It will be interesting to watch Spieth going forward as his game is really propped up by unbelievable putting and if that goes off a bit (inevitable IMO), he will struggle to compete with Rory and Day
he is not just the best putter right now, he is the best clutch putter as well and that is not just talent, that's attitude/confidence...and he is just a kid...barring any significant injuries, i can see him at or around the top for a long time...

grecian

Watching Jack Nicklaus winning the 1978 inverrary classic didn't watch it at the time, but bloody hell maybe his greatest finish ever. godly.

O-Malley at the Scoch Open as good, but irrelevant nationality in irrelevant country.

Couldn't find it om utoob, but found this, shot.

Last edited:

social

Was watching the Golf Channel yesterday when a report came up about complaints against Blair for alleged anchoring

From the vision I saw, he did it

As the commentators pointed out, new laws will be incredibly hard to police once players start wearing additional layers of clothes

**** may hit the fan a lot unless they go further and restrict the length of the putter as well to remove all semblance of doubt

Last edited: