• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well spieth just underlined the fact that this has been his year...tour championship, the fedex cup, the no:1 ranking, the money title and the vardon trophy...not bad for a 22 year old...

King Pietersen

International Captain
Stats can be misleading as a "miss" can be recorded when ball is fractionally off fairway but on a brilliant lie
They can indeed, but Jason Day is definitely wild off the tee, to the same degree as Rory. Even when he's winning and playing well he's spraying it all over the place. Distance or Accuracy have to give though, impossible to be the longest and the most accurate driver on Tour.

Brilliant from Spieth. Much deserved winner of the Fed Ex. He's been exceptional all year, and had one of the great years of all time. 2 Major wins, 2 Major Top 5's, 2 more wins, the Fed Ex, Number 1 in the World. What a year, what a player. Golf is certainly not lost without Tiger. In Spieth, Day, McIlroy and Fowler we've got quite a few years of fantastic golf ahead. Been such a great year of golf. Roll on next season!

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Most of the year*
Let's see where the top guys head during their off season, hope they're all playing Sun City, one of my favourite tournaments of the year

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Gee I hope so, the celebration would be enormous if we win compared to the relative calm if the yanks win again. Just nobody expects the internationals to win.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holmes/Watson won, I'm sure there's an adjective that would describe the win, but I'm struggling......

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah the americans were leading in most matches at one point but have unravelled (including spieth) in the last hour or so...significant momentum for the international team, i think they will steal a win from this position...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
clutch putt by kirk but lahiri threw away half a point just like bubba did 30 min or so back...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well the americans have their nose out in front again, day losing to z. johnson, day has had a very poor presidents cup...still too tight to call, spieth not on the green in 2 at the 18th, likely to lose to leishman unless he holes out for eagle or something...