• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

King Pietersen

International Captain
Brutal conditions in Scotland right now for the Matchplay. Have Canizares as my star man this week, so could really do with him getting past Karlsson here!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
fowler and ishikawa leading the quicken loans national, tiger in the hunt heading into the weekend..

King Pietersen

International Captain
Lingmerth is playing some seriously good golf right now. Enjoyed his interview at the sky cart too, seems a really genuine bloke that's just enjoying his time on the tour. If Rickie doesn't win, I'd love to see Lingmerth pick up another W!

King Pietersen

International Captain
Heading down to the range for the first time in weeks tonight. Played last weekend and was pretty horrible. Not sure what I shot, but it wasn't pretty. Putted absolutely awfully. Much work needed before heading out to Spain in 2 and a half weeks. Determined not to play like a **** at Alcaidesa!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
rose is tied for 8th, na for 17th and lingmerth 27th...furyk has a pretty sizable lead right now although with his propensity to blow leads on sunday, he can very well screw it up on the weekend like he did 2-3 years back when bradley won...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
furyk blows another 54 hole lead, lowry wins by 2 over bubba...who are your picks for whistling straits?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Lowry was superb and deserved the win. His shots into 10 and 18 were exceptional given the pressure of the situation. He also made so many clutch par putts on the back nine, was a great performance. Was hoping Justin Rose would come good on the final day and get the win, but so pleased for Shane, seems a thoroughly good bloke and has the all-round game to be a top player. These videos he did with Rick and Pete at Bearwood were awesome.

Spieth has to be up there next week, he's just a beast in the majors. I reckon it could finally be Dustin Johnson's time though. Been so close to winning a major on so many occasions, but this could be his major, he has to win one eventually. Can't imagine Rory will be on top form, wasn't in great form before the injury, so missing 2 months of golf won't have helped.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Couple of videos that are worth a watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-vJHjiXfE&feature=youtu.be

Shot that just sums up Bubba Watson. No-one else in the game would even think to attempt a shot like that, let alone pull it off. Amazing.

Also, Jason Day's ball-flight is something else. The height that he hits the ball is just astounding, with every club too. He's launching long irons miles into the air and getting them to stop. Would bloody love to be able to hit it like Jason Day.

King Pietersen

International Captain
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/dan2501/round/517360

Shot 85 last weekend, the best round I've shot to date. I started nicely with 2 pars, and felt a good score coming. A couple of poor holes, particularly at 5 and 10 were disappointing, shouldn't be making doubles, they only come through making poor decisions and making stupid mistakes. Putting was also terrible, on 3 occasions I hit the green in regulation and walked away with bogey. Very disappointing, and an area of my game that really needs some work. Have 4 days next week before I go away to Spain, so should be able to get some good work in, and really work on my putting. I feel like I'm striking the ball with my irons as well as I ever have, and making progress with the driver, so feeling some good scores are coming. Just need to keep working at my game, and it'll come. So I shot my best score, but there are at least 5 shots in there which should have been avoided. It's coming.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
familiar patterns emerging...johnson leads yet another major...tiger heading for another missed cut...

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
JDay playing some great golf. Spieth isn't in quite as good form as Day or Rose at the moment. That's not to say he won't win (not discounting the guy who has 2/3 majors this year), but those two are my picks.

Riggins

International Captain
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/dan2501/round/517360

Shot 85 last weekend, the best round I've shot to date. I started nicely with 2 pars, and felt a good score coming. A couple of poor holes, particularly at 5 and 10 were disappointing, shouldn't be making doubles, they only come through making poor decisions and making stupid mistakes. Putting was also terrible, on 3 occasions I hit the green in regulation and walked away with bogey. Very disappointing, and an area of my game that really needs some work. Have 4 days next week before I go away to Spain, so should be able to get some good work in, and really work on my putting. I feel like I'm striking the ball with my irons as well as I ever have, and making progress with the driver, so feeling some good scores are coming. Just need to keep working at my game, and it'll come. So I shot my best score, but there are at least 5 shots in there which should have been avoided. It's coming.
are the distances on here reliable? some strange numbers!

Riggins

International Captain
Nothing to weird in isolation, but things like a 180 drive followed by a 140 sand wedge i just find a bit odd!