Page 108 of 133 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1988
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Golf Thread

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    First English (yeah, yeah...) Major winner since Faldo taking advantage of Norman's arse going at Augusta in 96 and first English US Open winner since Jacklin in 70.

We sure do suck at golf, tbh.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    First English (yeah, yeah...) Major winner since Faldo taking advantage of Norman's arse going at Augusta in 96 and first English US Open winner since Jacklin in 70.

We sure do suck at golf, tbh.
    TBF, it's a better better than the Tennis, and plenty of our Celtic friends have done well since.

It's been frustrating, as we've had a lot of decent players, no-one until now has stepped up though.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

your picks for muirfield?
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

International Vice-Captain Riggins's Avatar
    orange ricky.

Louis, Charl, and Matteo.

Have backed so many though, because when I get a win, I tend to go into the Ante-post markets, and the Majors are always there. Will be a bit gutted if I don't get the winner.

I'm still angry will Mickleson for giving me false hope on my Branden Grace bet on Sunday.

Got Colsearts, Fowler, Horchell and Grace for this week.

If Woods can get in here at 2 under he's done very well, in the worse conditions. Nightmare day for my betting obviously.

Poulter whining (not a big shock), but the course has got to protect itself somehow, there's likely to be little wind, so they're going to make it quick as possible, and have tough pin positions. Some seem to have done okay, over 20 under-par.

If Lefty doesn't win it in these conditions, he may never. His best chance by miles.

Yeah all my bets are ****ed.

Woods to do it this week.

Bit better for some I've backed today.

Cabrera leads in another major, utterly bizarre.

Think it would be quite funny if Faldo beats McIlroy. TBH Nick has been pretty right about Rory.

a lot of people still in the mix, in my opinion anyone 3+ and better can still win with a great weekend, woods in contention yet again but it remains to be seen if he can conquer his major weekend yips...

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Bit better for some I've backed today.

Cabrera leads in another major, utterly bizarre.

Think it would be quite funny if Faldo beats McIlroy. TBH Nick has been pretty right about Rory.
    angel kind of limped home there,he is still very much in the hunt though...and yeah rory looks completely lost although it is not that big of a surprise that he struggled in firm, fast conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    angel kind of limped home there,he is still very much in the hunt though...and yeah rory looks completely lost although it is not that big of a surprise that he struggled in firm, fast conditions...
    It will be interesting to see where Rory goes from here (obviously supremely talented but doesn't appear to be made of the sternest stuff)

Some of his actions (e.g. walking off the course) and words (e.g. coming to the realization that he will always be inconsistent, doesn't like fast/firm conditions as he's not confident of where the ball will end up) don't really bode well as it appears that he gives up too easily

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Would love Miguel to win this as he is a character, if not him then obviously Westwood. Would cap a brilliant few weeks for Britain seeing Westwood win and Froome collect the Tour on the same day.

looks like it is finally westwood's time...played exceptionally well today, fairly sure woods isn't going to win now, another lost major for him...mahan may just crash westwood's party though...

Don't think that either Westwood or Woods will win and can see Scott grinding them down in Faldo-like fashion - his iron play is simply stunning

BTW, British Open golf telecasts are stuck in the dark ages and must be amongst the worst of any major sporting event as even the smallest televised events have cameras on each hole and the practice of only following pre-determined players is annoying in the extreme
    Last edited by social; 20-07-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Thread Information