Page 104 of 133 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1991
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Golf Thread

I like watching Mcdowell, he's not the most talented, but he really relishes the competition.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Big month or so for Oz golf with Scott winning Masters, Ormsby winning on Asian Tour and now Rumsford winning twice in a row on European Tour

Rumsford is an interesting case as he reputedly has one of the best short games in golf but after a very promising start, had becomea bit of a journeyman pro until his win in Korea a couple of weeks ago

International Captain
    A lot of players seemingly not impressed with Monty being inducted into the Hall of Fame having never won a Major.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    A lot of players seemingly not impressed with Monty being inducted into the Hall of Fame having never won a Major.
    Not just players, bloke is a loser, when it mattered.

Maybe they should have a separate Ryder Cup one, they can put that fop Poulter in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Has had an excellent career but seems a bit odd that he is in and guys like David Graham (won 2 majors and a lot of PGA, now-European tour and Champions Tour events) and Jim Ferrier (1 major and 18 PGA Tour wins) are not

If there are at least 2 Australians that should be in before him then there are undoubtedly 20 others from around the world

If you want to see a poor example of public speaking, watch Monty's acceptance speech at the HOF

Full of lots of ****ty one-liners greeted by deafening silence and anecdotes that virtually all had him playing brilliantly whilst his partner/opponent was **** - can see why he isn't exactly Mr Popular if that is his true personality

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Big month or so for Oz golf with Scott winning Masters, Ormsby winning on Asian Tour and now Rumsford winning twice in a row on European Tour

Rumsford is an interesting case as he reputedly has one of the best short games in golf but after a very promising start, had becomea bit of a journeyman pro until his win in Korea a couple of weeks ago
    I caddied for my mate many years ago at the European Tour School and he was travelling with Brett. If I remember correctly, he shot 8 under in one round back then but only managed 2-3 under over the course of the rest of the week. I don't think he hits it too far, but you're right, chips and putts well.

This is all an aside to the real highlights of the week though, which were me kicking his caddy's arse in a putting comp and cricket inside the unit at the end of every day.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

sergio is such a whiner...
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    sergio is such a whiner...
    I followed him around for a few holes in Dubai recently and his behavior was pretty pathetic - after playing a poor shot, he hacked the side of a bunker repeatedly and did some pretty serious damage to the area, swore loudly in Spanish after playing a couple of bad shots in front of a reasonably large gallery of his countrymen, etc

Next time I saw him play was in the US and the host broadcaster was forced to issue an apology in Spanish after another couple of dummy spits

If he was Tiger Woods, it would have made headlines around the world

Definitely not the charmer some would have you believe that he is
    Last edited by social; 11-05-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Was an interesting chat before the golf started, an interview with Sergio where he was slagging off Tiger even more, calling him not a nice guy.

Butch Harmon, who works for sky in the studio, was saying everyone knew they hated each other, and he (butch) loved the needle on the course. He then said he didn't really understand why Sergio did this though, because Tiger loves this and plays his best with the niggle.

Prophetic words so far.

Indeed, not like Garcia has the greatest mental fortitude either.

Thought Tiger had blown this, but Sergio showing that iron will of his, won't be top 8 now. Lingmerth the threat ATM.
    Last edited by grecian; 12-05-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Oh Sergio.

About the first time I've won on Tiger since the '97 Masters. Haven't backed him much though, price too short. Have gone for him in a few majors recently, which obviously has been no good.

Same, made a (very) marginable profit there. Surley only a matter of time before he gets another major.

Was quite the meltdown even by Sergio standards.

Thread Information