• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the way they talk up spieth over here is nauseating...the kid is certainly a special talent but right now he has two wins on tour and to state that there is a budding rivalry with rory is just dumb...let him get past patrick reed first...
The guy can play though. Shot 63 in the last round of the Australia Open in pretty tough conditions. He'll go alright I reckon, and given he doesn't seem to be as big a knob as Reed, I hope he passes him sooner rather than later.

social

The guy can play though. Shot 63 in the last round of the Australia Open in pretty tough conditions. He'll go alright I reckon, and given he doesn't seem to be as big a knob as Reed, I hope he passes him sooner rather than later.
Reed comes across as being incredibly obnoxious

Old man is a member of the Aussie and some of the members I've met rave about Spieth

Neither is necessarily true

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
both are very good players but let them at least win their first major before the media conjures up a rivalry with a 4 time major champion is all i am saying...right now, kaymer and bubba are much more rory's rivals than spieth & reed...

Son Of Coco

Old man is a member of the Aussie and some of the members I've met rave about Spieth

Neither is necessarily true
Reed's your stereotypical 'Murican - overweight, loud, and obnoxious. Spieth came across as being a thoroughly decent bloke when he was out here.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Reed's your stereotypical 'Murican - overweight, loud, and obnoxious.
The Villain: Patrick Reed | Tobacco Road Blues

If you've not read it already, give it a read.

TLDR;

Been thoroughly disliked wherever he's gone. Cheated, stole and lied his way through college. Got kicked off one team and out of one college, nearly kicked out of another. Fallen out with family, didn't invite them to his wedding. Claimed various players on tour were "good friends" of his, Stenson pretty much confirmed otherwise. Reed is a douche.

grecian

The Villain: Patrick Reed | Tobacco Road Blues

If you've not read it already, give it a read.

TLDR;

Been thoroughly disliked wherever he's gone. Cheated, stole and lied his way through college. Got kicked off one team and out of one college, nearly kicked out of another. Fallen out with family, didn't invite them to his wedding. Claimed various players on tour were "good friends" of his, Stenson pretty much confirmed otherwise. Reed is a douche.
Still a better bloke than Pat Perez.

Son Of Coco

Just back from the Victoria Park golf range here in Brisbane. Hit about 75% of my 6 irons within 15 ft of the 150m stick, and got a hold of some booming drives. Is it too late to qualify for The Masters?

I'll delete this post on Monday when I play 18 holes and can't hit a fairway or a green and take 3 to get out of a bunker.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
tiger to play the masters...hopefully he doesn't embarrass himself again...who are your picks for the 1st major of the year?

grecian

Matsuyama and D. Johnson for me, with a side helping of Charl. Would say Jordan Spieth, but he's gonna have a lot of hype on him particularly if he wins here.

Speaking of him, Jordan, Johnson, Keegan, Cameron, murica you seem to have your first names mixed up with your surnames, sort it out.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Matsuyama and D. Johnson for me, with a side helping of Charl. Would say Jordan Spieth, but he's gonna have a lot of hype on him particularly if he wins here.

Speaking of him, Jordan, Johnson, Keegan, Cameron, murica you seem to have your first names mixed up with your surnames, sort it out.
Not bullish on rory? Also i understand about the others but why charl?

grecian

Not bullish on rory? Also i understand about the others but why charl?
Too boring going for Rory, like going to Tiger before. Charl can win again, did it before, is entering his prime as a player and is long enough, and can clearly putt on the greens. His Saffie best mate and also surprising Major winner, Louis wouldn't be a shock either.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Will be nice if some older player won it. Carbera came very close. A 40 plus player maybe. I am counting on Speight though I don't like the American journalists going bonkers over just one player, no matter how special that player is.

cpr

International Coach
Thinking so far managing to back Rose at 33/1 might not be completely wasted money....

cpr

International Coach
Day is always a name that's there or there abouts, if he's in form, well...

this could be a great masters to watch if I actually liked golf....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Spieth is running away with this...don't see anyone getting close to him this week....in other news will tiger make the cut?