• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Another choke, this one from Kaymer, can't say I've ever heard of the winner either. Good luck to him though.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yep a lot chokes to start the year, walker more or less choked at kapalua as well allowing reed to edge him...kaymer's was the biggest one though, because of the 10 stroke lead that he held on the front nine plus you don't normally associate him with choking...rory sneaks in another 2nd place...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
big lead for rory at dubai...

in other news, in other news, tiger posts the worst round of his career in phoenix, he has clearly lost his mojo and i don't know if it is recoverable...

grecian

Rory wins. Ko becomes the youngest World number 1 in History, by about 4 years.

Think Matsuyama will become Japan's first Men grand-slam champ.

There's my round-up of this weeks golf.

Son Of Coco

To be fair to Tiger, syphilis has the potential to totally **** your spinal chord.

He'll be lucky to make it back.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
love III back as captain...i don't think it will make any difference though, europe is just too strong and has such momentum...

Son Of Coco

In big news for the golfing world, I'm now a member at Wynnum and will be out on the course tomorrow looking to put in my second card for my handicap. Get down early if you want a great vantage point. I'll be going all out to get the highest handicap known to man.

grecian

Lydia Ko eh? The Kiwis can't even be bothered to televise the tournament though, clearly don't deserve her.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the kid is awesome...well she is competing with the cricket world cup where nz are favorites, it makes sense why they would focus on that...

grecian

who is going to win at doral?
Well I didn't answer this because it seemed a pretty obvious answer, yet another choke, in this year of them (the one from Sergio was so amusing and typical), from Holmes helps the heart-warming story of Dustin Johnson's comeback from drink/drugs/adultery*. Kept his nerve pretty well, got to be in serious contention for the Masters, his game is perfect for it. Gosh the fawning over that **** Trump at this Tournament makes it an hard watch at times. I do like the course though annoyingly.

* delete where applicable

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well I didn't answer this because it seemed a pretty obvious answer, yet another choke, in this year of them (the one from Sergio was so amusing and typical), from Holmes helps the heart-warming story of Dustin Johnson's comeback from drink/drugs/adultery*. Kept his nerve pretty well, got to be in serious contention for the Masters, his game is perfect for it. Gosh the fawning over that **** Trump at this Tournament makes it an hard watch at times. I do like the course though annoyingly.

* delete where applicable
agree on all counts...:D

social

the kid is awesome...well she is competing with the cricket world cup where nz are favorites, it makes sense why they would focus on that...
Learned her golf in NZ but declares allegiance to South Korea for commercial reasons - Kiwis have every right to be apathetic

social

When has she done this exactly:confused:
No idea but her nationality was classified as "South Korean" during recent tournaments in Australia

Having said that, she is still classified as a Kiwi on LPGA website

Both are technically correct as she was born in one country and is a citizen of the other

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the way they talk up spieth over here is nauseating...the kid is certainly a special talent but right now he has two wins on tour and to state that there is a budding rivalry with rory is just dumb...let him get past patrick reed first...