• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nigel Mansell: 'F1 too boring to watch'

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Definently, was poor performance from him, either that or a great performance by Temata, possibly a large portion of the latter ;)

But yeah MotoGP is much more enjoyable to watch then F1. I am enjoying the 125's aswell, tight racing there, but nowehere near as good as the MotoGP.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeh casey stoner is going really well in the 125's making that interesting, temata had a blinder of a race on sunday, but biaggi is a joke IMO....

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Not as much of a joke as Baross and Nicky Hayden are! Those 2 have got some decent machinery under them and performing sub standard all the time. At least max finishes anywhere from 2nd - 5th, not 4th - 10th like Baross and Hayden are like!

Simon

Hayden has been performing a bit better in recent races, baros though should be doing a lot better i agree. it was a surprise too see robers on pole for the last race i must say, hes still on a crap bike though!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah for sure, see Biaggi's honda eat it for breakkie down the straight, from there on he had no chance. Get him on a decent bike and he will be a threat. Also its good to see Yamaha taking it to the Honda's after Honda's dominence for so long. Rossi is a part of that, but the company overall is producing some good results with that new engine with the revamped firing order.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Its a shame that they keep having to change everything in F1 racing to try and make it more appealing.. Its kind of scraping the barrel now I fear.. Its dire sometimes...

Simon

its just the type of sport where 0.1 of a second makes a massive difference, when you have a large group of peple aiming for perfection theres no point in being 2nd. its a lot different to a sport like cricket where u can make 3 centuries in a row and 3 ducks in a row to follow up, unfortunately someone in f1 is always gonna be the best, just at the moment the one that is the best is a long long way in front of everyone else....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Deja moo said:
Schumacher should change teams like Rossi did in MotoGP.

IMO< Ferrari contributes a lot to his success. Lets see him do the same with some other team.
Do you not remember 1994/95 when he did the same at Benetton and then moved to Ferrari - Schumi's influence has had a lot to do with the Maranello renaissance.

biased indian

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Do you not remember 1994/95 when he did the same at Benetton and then moved to Ferrari - Schumi's influence has had a lot to do with the Maranello renaissance.
its been a long time he should move to teams like bar or renault

ya its real boring now a days :sleep: :dry: :sleep: :dry: :sleep: :dry:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I also hate the way Bahrain has managed to get an F1 Grand Prix.. Now correct me if I am wrong, but surely the gulf has not produced an F1 driver? And the following is hardly very impressive..

Seems like whoever showers enough money at the sport wins through, and as usual USA and the gulf come up trumps...

Simon

basically its all about expanding the sport world wide, there are posibilites of grand prix's in china, india, a 2nd american one, moscow and even argentina and south africa again. its minaly a project in taking races away from europe and turning f1 into a true world wide brand....
and theres lots of money in sponsorship in america and asia, andthe more races they have there, the more sponsors they can attrack from those large companies...

PommieMacGill

State Regular
To be honest I dont really like F1 although Schumacher is a huge inspiration to me for what he's done for the sport.

I like to watch NASCAR, if you want a lot of action, a lot of overtaking and just pure entertainment then this is the motor sport for you. All the drivers can win from whatever position they may be in with say 5 laps to go they can push and make an attempt to win so no-one is ever out of the race unlike F1 where certain teams like Ferrari win pretty much every race.

I like it, although I bet people will think it's boring because all it is basically a large bowl circuit that they race but each to his own, I suppose.

Last edited:

Simon

NASCAR for mine are amatuers. although they are actually all rich and professional drivers they just arent as skillful as f1 drivers, i use that argument with my brother a lot, a reason why f1 doesnt have a lot of over taking is because drivers are very good at defending positions.

Schumacher may have been successful and i respect the success hes had, but id hardly say hes done a lot for the sport....