• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL transfers

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
That doesn't mean anything that Monaghan isn't in Sydney...he could be close to a deal with his Agent just there in Sydney arranging the final details.
monaghan will stay, ive got the info that he hasnt quite made up his mind, but kinda like the johns situation where its better to stay where he is in a 50/50 call.

Simon

some more transfer news, justin smith will be going for souths to the cowboys, a former dragons player is a good kicker, and will be back up for hannay id say, hes a pretty good get actually.

ST George have signed Michael Ennis, some people say hes got a pretty big future but i honestly dont rate him, i think the dragons have signed him for his versatility, he can play back row, half back, five eighth, hooker and centre.....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be interested to see what the Warriors do next in the transfer market. They've unloaded a huge amount of players, especially backline players...but with most of the big name players signed up now I can't see the Warriors signing a good winger in Australia.

Mingster

State Regular
GREEEAATTTT THAT WE HAVE SIGNED WIKI

If we can snatch Steve Price as well, our pack will be pretty impressive next season. Wiki will be a great addition to play in the second row, probably alongside Villasanti with Betham at lock. Just can't wait to see PJ Marsh, if he is retained, playing behind that pack next year.

With both Price and Wiki being proud and distinguished NRL captains, how will they respond having to play under Monty Betham?

Props - Price and Iafeta
Second Row - Wiki and Villasanti
Lock - Betham
Hooker - PJ Marsh

I'm really puzzled with the signing of Nathan Fien, he looks pretty average to me with the few games I've seen him play at the Cowboys. With Hohaia, Ropati, Jones, Marsh, Leuluai, Perenara all providing halves depth, wouldn't it have made more sense signing a centre/winger/ instead of another halfback in Fien?

Fa'afili is also set to leave, as is Murphy, so that leaves the Warriors with only one genuine winger in Francis Meli next season.

It's pleasing to see that Mick Watson is made recruitments this season, unlike last year when he bought Jobson and Sullivan. Jobson has only played 2 games, and has been released. Sullivan was labelled as the "next big thing" in the NRL, but sadly he has already retired at the age of 21

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Fien has played State of Origin for Queensland..although it's doubtfull he'll ever start ahead of Stacey Jones.
Personally i'd like to see Marcus Perenara play 5/8, I think he's a bloody good talent..but it seems Jerome Ropati gets his chance first & I think he looks good too.

I heard that the Warriors were after Brent Kite but he's already signed up to another club.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't rate Vatuvei. I think he'll be dangerous at Bartercard Cup level but in the NRL he'll be found out in defence (he has already). He's one of those players who crashes it up but has little other skill.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I read an article somewhere which quoted Mick Watson as saying Price was happy to play under the captaincy of Monty Betham.

Why on earth would the Warriors want to keep Betham as Captain when they have Wiki & possibly Steve Price!?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
being a newcastle fan i am very dissapointed that tahu has not shown loyalty and stayed at the knights instead of going to that dull side the eels.

the knights junior development made tahu what he is and he leaves all for extra money, like 300k per annum isnt enough for a winger. please, anyway i wish the best of luck to tahu and hopefully this move doesnt make him a worse player. (haha)

parramatta did well to sign him.

Simon

he was never gonna stay bugs, you guys have lost heaps of players, even with johns next year the knights will struggle to make the 8.....

wiki will have to be captain for the warriors, after all he is the NZ captain....

Simon

thats debateable, its not looking good but hes still only young and he wont give up hope.....

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The Warriors will not release Marsh unless its absolutely certain he won't play again. Marsh fortunately has age on his side & the Warriors will be keen to have him in their side along with Wiki & hopefully Price.

With those 3 players in the pack it will take a huge amount of pressure off Stacey Jones & hopefully we'll see Jones back to his best next year.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The other thing im sure Mick Watson will be telling Steve Price is that if you play for the NZ Warriors you become a national icon. At a club in Sydney you're popularity will be limited to mainly that area..but if you join NZ you get huge celebrity status all over NZ as Kevin Campion, Ivan Cleary etc will probably agree with.

Price doesn't have to worry about coming to NZ & not being able to play SOO. P.J Marsh & Kevin Campion played for Queensland last year so that is no problem.

Simon

yeh but its NZ. i can understand his reasons for not wanting to live there, but in the end money will just be too much too pass up....

Simon

Word has it Raiders are about to fall apart, davico has been given a release and will play in england next year, monaghan is set to announce tomorrow hes going to manly and apparently schifcofske wants out too... not good news for the green machiene...

Simon

i wasnt dissing the place, what i ment to say was that i can understand him not wanting to live in another country to play football, i imagine it would be a big culture shock....

Simon

also Joel Monaghan has announced this morning hes going to the roosers, scum. hes really gonna cop it from the raiders fans for the rest of the season...

Craig

World Traveller
Mingster said:
I'm really puzzled with the signing of Nathan Fien
I agree.

Unless Jones is suspended or injured, he probably has as much chance of starting ahead of Jones is there is off Matt Hayden being dropped by Australia.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't believe the Roosters have still managed to sign Monaghan & Roberts without losing of their other players..incredible.