• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you related to a sporting personality?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I am related to 2 sports players:

Mark Burgess - Former NZ Cricket Captain
Todd Blackadder - Former All Blacks Captain, Now Scotland Assistant Coach

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Best I can do is a former HockeyRoos player, Karen Marsden. Hey, she won a Gold Medal! :blink:

yaju

State Vice-Captain
Sachin Tendulkar.

Now you will ask how. Well, he is my father's father's mother's third son's second son's only son.

Wait a minute, that's me!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Biggest claim to fame: Related to Don Bradman.
2nd biggest: Related to the 7 consecutive times Wimbledon doubles champions in the 1890's.

Those are the only ones though. :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
All my family are an absolute disgrace when it comes to sport...

Hell, look at those stats in my sig.. Ive had to work bloody hard, because my genes must be appaling :(

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
All my family are an absolute disgrace when it comes to sport...

Hell, look at those stats in my sig.. Ive had to work bloody hard, because my genes must be appaling :(
yeh my family are exactly the same, my dad was the type of person who was always picked last for sports at school, hehe loser :)
my mum was a good runner, but thats it, nothing even from the grand parents or uncles or anything!

Langeveldt

Soutie
My dad must be the most laid back guy ever.. Its insane playing sport with him.. maybe he would be good if he gave a damn :)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Marcus Trescothick is my Godmother's Sister-in-Law's cousin :D
My dad got a cap for Wales rugby & my sister's Godfather played rugby for Bath when he was 17, if those count!