Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rugby : New Zealand All Blacks vs England

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Nobody in NZ ever condones reckless behaviour because it rarely occurs in the Super 12 & our own NPC. That's why there was such a huge up-roar when Troy Flavell stepped on Waikato player Greg Smith's face last year.

Sure there might be a bit of niggle & a few punches thrown, but I think that's acceptable in a high tensity match. It's when players resort to biting ears, stomping on players etc that the refs need to crack down on.
    Yeah because it was a New Zealander on a New Zealander!!

I'll admit I am a touch, in fact extremely, biased agaisnt the Kiwi's. However I really do think it is quite obvious that they do disturb more rucks deliberately than any other team bar France. Now name me another team that does it continousy? Where just about every ruck someone is lying there on the rock side deliberately or is handling the ball or is offside etc.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

Personally I think Simon Shaw should have got at least one week.

I am in favour of how they do it in football, get a red and the next game or two is missed the following weekend. Something the FA should consider.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Tim
    Shaw got let off by a technicallity. Apparently Dickinson & the Welsh Referee made an error with the TMO.
    If we had been playing under Tri-Nations rules, Shaw would have at least got a 2 match ban.

I laugh at all these people trying to say that Shaw is a gentle giant..but the bloke got suspended for throwing a punch in the semi's of the Heineken Cup this year for crying out loud!
    And what's with Sir Clive's parting shot that England were the better team in this series? it goes hand in hand with Dallaglio throwing the toys out of the cot at the post-game interviews where he chucked his mic off & stormed out of the room.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Simon Shaw is a disgrace to England & a disgrace to rugby, he deserved that red card.

Funny then that all the commentators (from both sides) that I heard thought a yellow would suffice and also, I note he wasn't banned.

How does that show he deserved it?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information