• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby : New Zealand All Blacks vs England

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
big game tonight people.. the two big superpowers of rugby union meet at carisbrook dunedin.. i reckon its going to be one hell of an awesome game.. although i think our all blacks will take out this one seeing the depth we have from the super 12 and the trial games..

Im betting on all blacks to win.. whats y'all opinions?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
phew... im glad you assured me because im having a huge bet with my english teacher who's a pom .. i trust your words marc !

Waughney

International Debutant
NZ for sure, England don't have Jonny and a couple of other players.
Intersting you say the 2 big powers of rugby union, I would have thought it was 2 of the 3 big powers in RU. After all we did beat you in the WC and Eng don't have Jonny for the moment.

nibbs

International Captain
lol, England are playing dirty as usual throwing punches, but its not stopping NZ. A fantastic try to Rokocoko. 17-3 lol

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Dirty as usual?
Can't even win with good grace - but then again, Nibblet did just protest that people ought to be able to 'trade insults' on Cricket Web. :p

Perhaps last year's World Cup still stings a bit.

I think today's probably a good day to be an Englishman who doesn't like rugby union. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a good day to be one who doesn't like cricket.

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
dam. harsh spiteful comments there luckyeddie. i had to take a quiet walk outside to cool off.

anyhow, NZ were way too good, 36-3. England were back at their worst, which personally I like to see.

Langeveldt

Soutie
nibblet said:
dam. harsh spiteful comments there luckyeddie. i had to take a quiet walk outside to cool off.

anyhow, NZ were way too good, 36-3. England were back at their worst, which personally I like to see.
Not even a rugby fan, but this made me chuckle...

Damn, looks like 10 years of losing to the USA and Namibia fellas :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:

England have been in decline for the best part of 12 months and unless you'd noticed, there's a few changes owing to injury and fatigue since we won the World Cup (which incidentally NZ didn't even make the final of:p)

I predicted an NZ win before the game because of these factors, and I was right.

And from what I heard, we weren't "back at worst", just beaten by the better side - I mean it wasn't even a record result...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
nibblet said:

Didn't graze your knuckles as you walked, did you, you... you... rugby onions fan?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
England may aswell enjoy their WC win because on the basis of tonights performance...it'll be a long time between drinks for the next one.
Really this side is missing Wilkinson..the more they play without him the more it sticks out a mile that he's one of their few star players. And Robinson..well he might carve up Italy, Fiji etc but he won't cause concern to any of the top teams.
England do have big causes for concern..they're continously finishing around 5th or 6th in the U21 World Cups & just last week they were thumped by NZ by around 25 points.
Infact it's inexcusable with the amount of money that the English Rugby Union pour into their system compared to other Nations.

I was disappointed that NZ didn't go for more tries in the 2nd half..it could have been a 50 point margin, but obviously from half time reports Henry was just happy for them to control territory & possesion.

So far its been an excellent day for NZ sport...Richardson is batting with a strike-rate of 70+ & we finally got an innings lead over England..minus 2 bowlers!?? perhaps if we'd played with the same passion & got the same luck at Lords & Headingly we might have done better.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
boy, was I fired up there. I probably got a little too carried away with my comments but I seriously was expecting more from that English side today.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Funny how you disappeared Tim, wonder if it's because this mighty Black Cap team you were going on about were humbled?