• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Henman

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I thought he only played in Wimbledon. Hats off to him, he has done something even Pete Sampras and Pat rafter were not able to do at Roland Garros. I will be rooting for him in the SF match against Coria.

Q. - Who was the last Englishman to win a Grandslam ?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
I thought he only played in Wimbledon. Hats off to him, he has done something even Pete Sampras and Pat rafter were not able to do at Roland Garros. I will be rooting for him in the SF match against Coria.

Q. - Who was the last Englishman to win a Grandslam ?
Off the top of my head....

A - John Lloyd (you didn't say singles) - I may be wrong here - Mixed doubles.
A - Fred Perry (last English man to win one of the majors)
A - Virginia Wade (last English winner - male or female - of a grand slam singles event)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Apparently, Coria is supposed to be near unbeatable on clay, having now won 35 successive matches on the surface.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Henman lost the match but a great fight from him though :huh: . Hats off to him he continues to remain near top-20 for ever so long :cool:

Sudeep

International Captain
Coria defeats Henman 3-6, 6-4, 6-0, 7-5.

And Henman had a break of serve in the second set, leading 4-3 with his serve. :confused:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I blame myself for Tim's loss. When I started watching he was one set up and 4-2 in the second set, since then Coria won 12 or13 games in a row and that's when I left for lunch. I come back from lunch and see Henman winning 5 more games in the 4th set. :( I should have left earlier.

Sudeep

International Captain
Sanz said:
I blame myself for Tim's loss. When I started watching he was one set up and 4-2 in the second set, since then Coria won 12 or13 games in a row and that's when I left for lunch. I come back from lunch and see Henman winning 5 more games in the 4th set. :( I should have left earlier.
:ranting:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
I thought he only played in Wimbledon. Hats off to him, he has done something even Pete Sampras and Pat rafter were not able to do at Roland Garros.
didn't sampras reach the semis once at the french? i am not sure about rafter, but i think sampras did.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That all went a bit **** up, didn't it?

I was flicking between Headingley and Roland Garros and England and Henman were incapable of doing well simultaneously.. missed all three of the quick wickets 2/3/4 whilst watching Henman blow it..

V Reddy

International Debutant
Anil said:
didn't sampras reach the semis once at the french? i am not sure about rafter, but i think sampras did.....
Yeah he did reach semis in 96. On Clay , even L Paes beat him once :cool:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
bloody hell, i support tim all the way... why cant he win?? so annoying...