• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Ham v Crystal Place - 1st Division Playoff Final

James

Cricket Web Owner
Does anyone know of anywhere on the internet where I can get radio commentary of this game?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Tom Halsey said:
No, sorry mate, I'll actually be watching it...:p
I wish I could watch it :( :(:(

Hopefully someone can at least give me a UK radio website that covers the game

GO WEST HAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'll fish around. :p

p.s. They are going to be thrashed, Crystal Palice are on such good form, and the Hammers were lucky to make it into the playoffs. :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
West Ham Lucky?

Palace only made it because of a last minute goal by a West Ham, player (whilst the mighty Sky Blues played Palace off the park)

Come on you Irons!!!!

And my brother gets to go :(

As for commentary, I suggest the BBC site or try something like capital gold.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I know full well Palace are lucky.

But if James supports West Ham, they'll be the ones who I have a go at!

James

Cricket Web Owner
Up until 5am NZ time this morning for nothing - AHHHHHHHHH - why did they have to lose :(

There goes my chance of watching West Ham in the Premiership in September when I'm in the UK :(

Craig

World Traveller
Ah bad luck James.

I would aim to go to a West Ham v Millwall match should they play while you are there.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm hanging out for the Division 1 schedule for next season now. Last year it was released on June 1st according to an article I read on the official West Ham website.

Some how I don't think it will be released this Tuesday though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I would aim to go to a West Ham v Millwall match should they play while you are there.

Yes, that's a sensible idea.

I assume James has got life inurance with Craig the beneficiary with advice like that.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Yes, that's a sensible idea.

I assume James has got life inurance with Craig the beneficiary with advice like that.
Ah come on they aren't as bad as before.

Although I do fear if they get drawn up with a Turkish side in the UEFA Cup...

Craig

World Traveller
You clearly don't read don't you?

Compared to what they used to be, yes (Millwall fan's).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And you clearly don't know what you're talking about when suggesting anyone should go to a West Ham - Millwall game. To say that there's a bit of a hostile and violent atmosphere is making a very large understatement.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
You clearly don't read don't you?

Compared to what they used to be, yes (Millwall fan's).
Having been at a playoff semi-final which involved Millwall (not too many years ago), they were getting buried so invaded the pitch on three separate occasions. After the second, when some of their 'supporters' attacked Derby's black players, Derby's manager had to substitute them for their own safety. Realising that the referee was not going to abandon the game, the Millwall scum then left the ground and systematically smashed the area, setting fire to the Radio Derby car, destroying or overturning any others which they could identify as being from Derby.

Some Millwall supporters are disgusting, thuggish, racist scum, always were, always will be. There's not as many as there were, sure, but the only thing that's changed with the ones that remain is that they are just older than they were - still scum, awaiting their chance to float to the top.

PY

International Coach
luckyeddie said:
Some Millwall supporters are disgusting, thuggish, racist scum, always were, always will be.
And the manager isn't much better (without the racism though).

Wise was being a thug during the FA Cup final as well. People probably didn't mind that as it was against Man Utd but he was acting like a goon.