• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia/New Zealand motorsport thread

Flem274*

123/5
This whole "overheating issue" is a crock of ****e imo. It was pure gamesmanship.

Yes it is grubby, but yes Red Bull probably would have done the same had the roles been reversed
they were discussing it pre-safety car and all radios can be heard by comms and race control. a scheme like that will get severe penalties.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
they were discussing it pre-safety car and all radios can be heard by comms and race control. a scheme like that will get severe penalties.
I know there was some sort of issue. I'm just saying it had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what Fabs did under the safety car. Trying to use it as an excuse is pretty dire

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations Scott McLaughlin. A quality drive. You could argue he was a touch lucky with the last safety car, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he has been lightning quick all weekend. Thought SVG/Tander may have had some peace had the race stayed green but it wasn't to be

Flem274*

123/5
there's a name i haven't heard in a while. lost track of him after his disastrous bathurst supercars race with svg.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I think him racing primarily in Europe these days probably means he gets forgotten about a bit, but the bloke is absolute lightning. You don't get a Porsche factory contract if you're a muppet

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Congratulations team stately home on wheels

Always liked the Bentley big boi, not quite the Le Mans spec BMW M8 but not that far off

Last edited:

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
At the track now, Thursday is generally a pretty quiet day, although less so now the main category actually has a practice session this afternoon.

Been at the track about 5 minutes when I saw a tallish bloke in a Castrol shirt crossing a spectator bridge just in front of me, turns out it was Rick Kelly. Ashamed it took me as long to realise as it did

Flem274*

123/5
will need to dual screen this and the rugby with anti-motorsport fans.

if they'd put the test on tomorrow arvo before the election it would be the perfect boozy telly weekend.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
McLaughlin bins it in final practice, really was not expecting that. Will need a fair bit of work to fix the left rear suspension.

The big question is will DJR/Penske be able to get the car back to 100% before qualifying this afternoon

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The answer to my previous question is yes, wasn't enough to match a brilliant lap from Waters yesterday though

Kelly has a kooked klucth