Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Fixtures for the money-driven top league are out so tradition dictates it's time for a new thread.

Personally I think it's Liverpool's year this year (although it's getting more worryingly close to happening).

Other predictions:

GIMH to find a new hero to replace Norwood.
    Furball to continue to rival zorax in the number of teams supported category.
    Coventry to have at least 3 major protests against SISU in the year (even though they're not solely at fault for playing in Birmingham and won't just walk away as some fans seem to think)
    Arsenal will get their fans excited then crash away again.
    Manchester United to give their manager funds to spend that he'll waste (and then get the sack midseason to be replaced from someone who will initially flatter to deceive then get given funds to spend in summer 2020 that he'll waste...

Anyone else got any predictions?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Evil Scotsman
    Your Arsenal prediction is wrong. There's nothing to get excited about.

International Coach
    I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season less from my own team's (Plymouth Argyle) point of view. Somehow contrived to get relegated from a diabolical standard League One, and now have the prospect of a day out in Salford knowing that some of Fergie's underlings might turn up. With a new manager only just appointed and the only half a dozen half decent players leaving. The only tiny shred to hang on to is that he (Ryan Lowe) worked miracles to get Bury promoted from League Two last season.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Tbh the expectations for Arsenal are about as low as they have been for the best part of 25 years, meaning the chance of some surprise excitement is not totally out of the question imo

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Ajax to fail to qualify for the CL (despite last season they've got to go through two qualifying rounds)
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

It's not our year. There I said it. I can rest easy now and hope we fluke a Champions League.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

This time Leeds will top the Championship table all the way to the end of the season.
    LEARN SOMETHING NEW ABOUT AFRICA TODAY

They scored a single, declared and still won by an innings

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season less from my own team's (Plymouth Argyle) point of view. Somehow contrived to get relegated from a diabolical standard League One, and now have the prospect of a day out in Salford knowing that some of Fergie's underlings might turn up. With a new manager only just appointed and the only half a dozen half decent players leaving. The only tiny shred to hang on to is that he (Ryan Lowe) worked miracles to get Bury promoted from League Two last season.
    I donít want to dampen your already dreary spirits mate but...I wouldnít say Lowe worked miracles. He appears to be a decent young manager but their promotion and financial problems are not independent of each other. Signing the best players available on the highest wages in L2 is a great strategy if you have the money, and apparently if you donít then the PFA will just step in and fund your promotion.

Given the players werenít paid late in the season he does deserve credit for keeping them going, and they were certainly decent to watch when they turned it on. But for me he still has a lot to prove.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Least he'll get paid this season though.

What has happened with Bury for the umpteenth time is a disgrace, we probably need a club to go to the wall for others to sort it out and I know that Hereford, Chester, Telford and Rushden and Diamonds and just this week Gateshead did but they weren't in the league at the time. Bury aren't called the Bucket Shakers for nothing. Sadly it seems them and Bolton may be in a race to go bust.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Sadly it seems them and Bolton may be in a race to go bust.
    On the flip side, that's 2 of the 4 relegation spots!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    On the flip side, that's 2 of the 4 relegation spots!
    Very true if a bit cruel. Even if they stay in business they are both as good as down what with the points deduction for Notlob and Bury just having to ship everyone out.

Couldnít happen to two nicer clubs

cpr
    Sarri to Juve all but done now. They surely must be going for Lampard, as anyone decent won't touch a club who've just sold their star player and have a 2 window transfer ban, not to mention the absolute disarray the power balance is within the club - an owner expecting the moon and a dressing room expecting control.

Part of me wants them to completely explode, but I kind of like Lampard so rather it wasn't on him. Mind you, Jose's free.....
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I don’t want to dampen your already dreary spirits mate but...I wouldn’t say Lowe worked miracles. He appears to be a decent young manager but their promotion and financial problems are not independent of each other. Signing the best players available on the highest wages in L2 is a great strategy if you have the money, and apparently if you don’t then the PFA will just step in and fund your promotion.

Given the players weren’t paid late in the season he does deserve credit for keeping them going, and they were certainly decent to watch when they turned it on. But for me he still has a lot to prove.
    Okay. I'll seek out another straw to grasp at before August. After fifty years of support recycling the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tiers without seriously challenging for the 1st you get used to it. I know lots of teams don't make the top division, but since Hull have made it in recent years Plymouth is now the biggest city in England to never have been in the top division - and it all seems like a conspiracy.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Sarri to Juve all but done now. They surely must be going for Lampard, as anyone decent won't touch a club who've just sold their star player and have a 2 window transfer ban, not to mention the absolute disarray the power balance is within the club - an owner expecting the moon and a dressing room expecting control.

Part of me wants them to completely explode, but I kind of like Lampard so rather it wasn't on him. Mind you, Jose's free.....
    They'll probably still inexplicably win the League Cup next season despite starting Tammy Abraham in goals.

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information