• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah Maguire is probably one of the best CBs in the whole league. Other than Virgil it's difficult to think of any who are clearly better than him imo.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don’t agree, Maguire is miles better than Smalling ever was for us.

It’s not either/or. We needed reinforcements in lots of places and the funds are there to do it, but we only got them in a few positions.
United's absolute wreck of a squad was always going to take time to overhaul.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
United's absolute wreck of a squad was always going to take time to overhaul.
Maybe, but lots of clubs have managed to close more than 3 first team deals in a summer before. Being run so badly definitely held us back.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Maguire is probably one of the best CBs in the whole league. Other than Virgil it's difficult to think of any who are clearly better than him imo.
According to some random Tifofootball video, not only is Maguire doing his own job, but he has had to step into midfield and do the distribution work for Fred and Perreira too.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw a couple of rumours saying Ole is on the verge of being sacked. Bad result against Sp*rs will seal his fate apparently.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Reckon they'll get a result tbh. It will only be delaying the inevitable I guess. But I can definitely see them beating Spurs, even with any Mourinho resurgence they may be enjoying.

Uppercut

Ole is poor quality icing on a cake made of turd. Replacing him with icing of a better quality would be a good move but it wouldn’t solve the deeper turdcake problem.

Uppercut

Probably a necessary step to solving it though.
Yeah maybe, but I go back and forth on whether it needs to be done now. I don't think he's doing long-term damage. The squad is in much better shape than it was when he took over. OTOH, I worry that if we spend much more time with a manager that can't coach attacking play it'll be too late for Martial and Rashford to reach their potential.

Niall

International Coach
Saw a couple of rumours saying Ole is on the verge of being sacked. Bad result against Sp*rs will seal his fate apparently.
Woodward won't want to fire him because it will reflect terribly on him and it will actually be a ballsy thing to do as Ole is still popular with fans and he will be terrified of upsetting the pro Ole massive such as Neville and Rio in the media.

Obviously Ole is out of his depth at this level, but think he will survive until Xmas at least. United for all their flaws are game raisers against the better sides, did not lose to Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal this year despite everyone expecting those 4 sides to smash them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah it's not a priority, given the other problems you mention. But it surely will need to happen before long.

duffer

Less exciting is that we've apparently contacted Marcelino and he's interested in the role.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pochie 'open to taking over at the Emirates'

Just do it tbh....
I.e. football manager code for "please give me the job I really want it".

They've surely got to make a move for him. Would be madness not to.

Worryingly Brendan Rogers is also making similar noises. And even more worryingly some Arsenal higher-ups apparently see him as an attractive option. This must not happen.

duffer

Brenda's stock is high right now and he's a good manager I suppose. However's he such an insufferable **** that the thought of him managing Arsenal makes me dry retch.

We reportedly have a short(heh)list of 12 candidates we're currently interviewing.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Brenda's stock is high right now and he's a good manager I suppose. However's he such an insufferable **** that the thought of him managing Arsenal makes me dry retch.

We reportedly have a short(heh)list of 12 candidates we're currently interviewing.
He's far from the worst, but as others have said in here before, his whole pattern is to move to a club that already has some really good players, get them playing really well, and then **** it all up when it comes to future recruitment by buying absolute dross. Then blaming everyone else when it goes down the pan.