• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's a disaster really. He is a player who really should not require that much coaching. He is already technically pretty decent, but his best attributes are those that cannot be coached (i.e. incredibly tenacious, doesn't get tired, incredible workrate and intensity).

When in the team his instructions should basically just be "ok you just do your thing". But instead we've had him deployed in all sorts of nonsense roles. including as a number 10. Just madness.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a disaster really. He is a player who really should not require that much coaching. He is already technically pretty decent, but his best attributes are those that cannot be coached (i.e. incredibly tenacious, doesn't get tired, incredible workrate and intensity).

When in the team his instructions should basically just be "ok you just do your thing". But instead we've had him deployed in all sorts of nonsense roles. including as a number 10. Just madness.
I think his main problem is that Guendouzi is similar but better. When you play them both, Arsenal have major ball progression problems, which we saw on Saturday when they constantly lost the ball trying to play out from the back. Xhaka is the most competent midfield ball progresser, but him plus Torreira plus Guendouzi is negative, and a pressure-inviting style doesn't suit either your defenders or your attackers. Ceballos should probably play more but even with him I'm still not sure there's a properly coherent system out there.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah. I was thinking about this earlier. The only way Arsenal could play a coherent system with the available players is by being allowed to have 12 players on the pitch at once.

vcs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50394878

I'm interested in whether the football heads among you think this quiz is really easy, I got 35/40 despite thinking it was difficult.
Haha this is gold for a combinatorics nerd like me. I don't know any of the answers but I'm having a fun time thinking about derangements after trying a few questions.

Got 23/40. If you manage to get 1 right on the first attempt, there's a 50% chance of 4/4. If you get all 4 wrong in the first attempt (if you arrange them randomly, that's 9/24), you're probably ****ed.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Did it yesterday (because its better than work), got 31, but spent too long on Q2 figuring out you got two goes before moving on....

andmark

International Captain
I get that they haven't started the season well, but wtf are Spurs playing at with sacking Poch? About six months ago he took them to the Champions League final FFS

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Him going looked inevitable, but I'm surprised he was sacked. Thought he'd resign before that happened. Timing suggests they've got someone in mind ready to jump in as replacement.

andmark

International Captain
Him going looked inevitable, but I'm surprised he was sacked. Thought he'd resign before that happened. Timing suggests they've got someone in mind ready to jump in as replacement.
Oh God, they might have someone lined up. Mourinho is odds on to be the next manager :(

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I get that they haven't started the season well, but wtf are Spurs playing at with sacking Poch? About six months ago he took them to the Champions League final FFS
The Champions League run was spawny as **** and covered up the fact that they have been utter ****e for the entire year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Lolsy opportunity for him to join Arsenal now

Edit: haha didn't see pothas' post, but yes absolutely

Could be like Sol Campbell-Gate all over again, only much more funny

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

This is should be great entertainment value for neutrals no matter how it goes. Bit of a shame he'll no longer be a pundit though.