• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Much like the season so far in that City look marginally better but Liverpool are ahead through some combination of luck and random absolute screamers.

andmark

International Captain
My brother won 100 pounds because of the first goal and has just won a load more by Mane scoring. He's a genius really.

vcs

Who are Liverpool going to drop points against? They've lost like one game in a year and a half.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They almost dropped points plenty of times this year, they are bound to drop some eventually. City putting the sort of run together that they did last year is perhaps less likely though.

I don't find the prospect of Liverpool winning the league all that horrible, it will just be really funny if they don't.

vcs

I just find the reluctance on here to admit that Liverpool have overtaken City for a while now to be a bit strange.

They're a brilliant team and incredibly hard to get anything out of. Just because they have an unspectacular midfield and don't put 9 past minnows doesn't change that.

OverratedSanity

I just find the reluctance on here to admit that Liverpool have overtaken City for a while now to be a bit strange.

They're a brilliant team and incredibly hard to get anything out of. Just because they have an unspectacular midfield and don't put 9 past minnows doesn't change that.
ok and why does any of that that mean an 8 point lead in november means the title race is over

vcs

Because Liverpool are going to get close to last year's total or more and City don't look like they can replicate it for the third year in a row

andmark

International Captain
I had a dream last night with Liverpool facing Man City, albeit with weird rules and in a foreign country. City won 4-1. About as honest a prediction as I can give for that match.
This forum gets into you quite deeply (ok yes, giggity). I'm Gambhiring in my sleep!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Was it LT who used to post that Klopp was taking Liverpool nowhere on here a couple of years ago?
I said at the time that I didn’t think he’d fulfilled his remit of making them challengers for the two main trophies, and at the time they weren’t. But they made the CL Final the following season and did what they did last season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
For what it's worth, other than Germany deserving to be a player down, their second goal was with the run of play. England's best chances have been long balls for the past half hour despite seemingly being a possession-heavy side during the World Cup. The commentators have also rightly noted England appearing tired throughout much of the second half which would appear to be an issue.
I took my daughter to Wembley last night. Always a decent atmosphere for the floodlit games, and always a nightmare getting out of the place. fwiw my take on the game was that England were lucky to only be one goal behind after 20 minutes but dominated the rest of the first half and deserved their equaliser. The second half was even for the first 30 minutes or so but Germany took over the last 10-15 minutes and deserved their winner. I thought Germany played the better football on the whole. Their build up play was certainly superior to ours and most of our players looked pretty ponderous in comparison; maybe Walsh was the exception, and Williamson looked promising, but not easy to see from Row 15. Beyond that. I'd like to see Ellen White drop the silly binoculars celebration when she scores and I do think some of the others are over-rated (Parris and Scott spring immediately to mind). Maybe Neville has to some extent lost the dressing room; they've certainly lost something since the WC.