• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Is he being less of a prat on the field this season, seemed to get sent off every other week last.
While he didn't help himself he was often refereed to a different standard.

He gets involved in less petulant ****e but as we saw at the weekend against Hearts (which was his first domestic booking of the season), the second he does show the tiniest bit of frustration, the cards come straight out.

anil1405

International Captain
Small sample size of games but they are playing better than what they did when they won the league. Rest of the contenders were pretty ordinary by their standards that season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well anyone who's got Leicester attacking players (ie not me) has had a cracking start to their fantasy weekend.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I know. I wasn't talking about the personnel but how he (Rogers) has taken them to next level.
Quite. Surely the definition of good management is getting the most from the players at your disposal. Whatever people's views of Rogers previous track record, he's doing brilliantly with this Leicester squad. Way better than how they had done during the couple of years before he was appointed.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Quite. Surely the definition of good management is getting the most from the players at your disposal.
Not a definition I would use to describe our (Plymouth) current manager. 4-0 defeat at Exeter the culmination of a season of acute embarrassment so far. Ryan Lowe = big hat and no knickers.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not a definition I would use to describe our (Plymouth) current manager. 4-0 defeat at Exeter the culmination of a season of acute embarrassment so far. Ryan Lowe = big hat and no knickers.
Ouch. I should be commiserating, but my time at Exeter Uni means I still have a soft spot for the Grecians.

anil1405

International Captain
While VAR is a good addition, the decision making surrounding VAR seems pathetic at this moment. Manchester City's 2nd goal was initially awarded to deBruyne but later changed to David Silva, in which case the goal should have been ruled out because Sterling was in play for that goal and was off-side.