• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Steady on.

But yes Stokes had this sewn up the minute we won the world Cup. Headingley just cemented it
Yeah Freddie had a legit better Ashes series than Stokes. And despite everything it feels like 05 had a bigger public impact than this summer.

Tbh though if a cricket player doesn't get it in a year where they won MOTM in a World Cup final and two Ashes tests it would be fair to question if they'd ever win one ever again.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Freddie had a legit better Ashes series than Stokes. And despite everything it feels like 05 had a bigger public impact than this summer.

Tbh though if a cricket player doesn't get it in a year where they won MOTM in a World Cup final and two Ashes tests it would be fair to question if they'd ever win one ever again.
There is still the Rugby World Cup to come. I don’t follow rugby even on a casual level, so I have no idea what England’s chances are or who the star players are.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
In a rare example of being correct, Paul Merson of all people has called out Emery on his strange tactics/decisions

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
So is there a genuine reason why buying tickets for football matches is ****ing impossible for normal human beings?

Currently can only find tickets for QPR v West Brom and Fulham v Wigan in the general vicinity of London while I'm there. Everything else is either sold out (admittedly very understandable) or requires some form of expensive membership to even check availability (which seems less understandable to me).

So the real question, I suppose, is do I go for Craven Cottage or Loftus Road/Kiyan Prince?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So is there a genuine reason why buying tickets for football matches is ****ing impossible for normal human beings?

Currently can only find tickets for QPR v West Brom and Fulham v Wigan in the general vicinity of London while I'm there. Everything else is either sold out (admittedly very understandable) or requires some form of expensive membership to even check availability (which seems less understandable to me).

So the real question, I suppose, is do I go for Craven Cottage or Loftus Road/Kiyan Prince?
They don't really want your type coming to games because you won't make for as good an atmosphere as die-hard fans. Most tickets are priced below market-clearing rate and allocated based on loyalty schemes. Hopefully safe standing comes in and we can have it both ways.

QPR vs West Brom should be a better game, though Fulham play some good stuff too. I'd happily go to either. Championship football is great.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
They don't really want your type coming to games because you won't make for as good an atmosphere as die-hard fans. Most tickets are priced below market-clearing rate and allocated based on loyalty schemes. Hopefully safe standing comes in and we can have it both ways.

QPR vs West Brom should be a better game, though Fulham play some good stuff too. I'd happily go to either. Championship football is great.
Very fair, but also **** you be greedier capitalist bastards and take my tourist money that prices real fans out of the market.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Very fair, but also **** you be greedier capitalist bastards and take my tourist money that prices real fans out of the market.
I think it's not even about price to some extent.

An Arsenal membership, for instance, is not prohibitively expensive for me per se

The kicker is that you are paying money essentially to be entered into a lottery for a couple of tickets each year, not for a guarantee of a couple of tickets each year

If it was the latter I would probably sign up. But as it's the former I really cbf

And then there is the issue of different tiers of membership etc which just complicate things further

andmark

International Captain
It's a weird situation for Liverpool. A city of 250,000 people with Anfield having about 50,000 seats. Sounds like it shouldn't be tough to get a ticket? No, the tickets sell out within a day of going on sale and it's not even as if people have been allocated tickets for matches they can't attend because the stadium always looks full anyway. It's borderline incredible in its way.

cpr

International Coach
Old Traffords the same, because both stadiums are about 90% season tickets, and getting people to part with them is impossible. They get passed down generations. United had an amnesty about 10 years ago so people could put the season ticket in their name, as the average age of a ticket holder was showing at 100+

Getting hold of tickets is a lot easier through facebook groups and places like gumtree than actual official means, you just have to be about to hand the tickets back when you've finished.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think it's not even about price to some extent.

An Arsenal membership, for instance, is not prohibitively expensive for me per se

The kicker is that you are paying money essentially to be entered into a lottery for a couple of tickets each year, not for a guarantee of a couple of tickets each year

If it was the latter I would probably sign up. But as it's the former I really cbf

And then there is the issue of different tiers of membership etc which just complicate things further
If you get a Red membership (£40-50 a year IIRC) you'll have a decent chance finding tickets for most games bar the really big ones. Helps that it also gives you access to the ticket exchange and loads of season ticket holders hardly turn up to the smaller games.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Plenty of empty seats near me at PP if anyone fancies watching the third tier (still feels good to say that)

Also Dan, what levels were you looking for? Appreciate you may want it to be a reasonable standard but there are a stack of conference/conference south clubs in and around London. Not something I ever want to relive, but there's a real charm in non-league football. Just a thought.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If you get a Red membership (£40-50 a year IIRC) you'll have a decent chance finding tickets for most games bar the really big ones. Helps that it also gives you access to the ticket exchange and loads of season ticket holders hardly turn up to the smaller games.
Fair enough, that's actually better than I thought for some reason.

cpr

International Coach
Knowing Pep it'll be something completely unfathomable like finding out David Silva is Baresi reincarnate.