• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

andmark

International Captain
Well the Bury deal has fallen through and they'll be out of the EFL in an hour if a miracle doesn't happen. Rather grim stuff for the fans if nothing else.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I said at the time the deal was announced it was a stalling tactic that wouldn’t happen. It’s a major blow to a town or city to lose their football club and I don’t like to see it, but it would seem they’re done.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I said at the time the deal was announced it was a stalling tactic that wouldn’t happen. It’s a major blow to a town or city to lose their football club and I don’t like to see it, but it would seem they’re done.
Tbh Plymouth bear a closer resemblance to Bury than MK Dons did Wimbledon back in 04. So there's the easy solution

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Alexis Sanchez reportedly being loaned to Inter with United still eating the majority of his wages. They're gonna be seriously short on forward depth now that he and Lukaku have gone, and it seems a strange one to do if they're still paying him loads of money this season. I guess they're hoping he'll be a success and Inter will buy him in January or next summer. I guess it's not totally unlikely, but definitely feels like Inter have got the better of the deal.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Phil Neville gutted to see the heart torn out of Bury when both his parents worked at the club and his dad has a stand named after him. Shame he and his brother don’t have money to toss at a football club........

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alexis Sanchez reportedly being loaned to Inter with United still eating the majority of his wages. They're gonna be seriously short on forward depth now that he and Lukaku have gone, and it seems a strange one to do if they're still paying him loads of money this season. I guess they're hoping he'll be a success and Inter will buy him in January or next summer. I guess it's not totally unlikely, but definitely feels like Inter have got the better of the deal.
It's not even a depth problem, it's a quality problem. We want to play with a front 3 and only have two players- Martial and Rashford- that are good enough to start for us there. Sanchez wouldn't even have to be very good to be our best option on the right. As with Fellaini, we've got rid of a useful player purely because of what he represents.

Have to say though, I still think dumping Lukaku was a no-brainer. He doesn't fit what we're trying to do at all, he can't press, his interplay is shocking, he's not an effective target man and despite his reputation for "guaranteeing" goals he only scored 15 in all competitions last season. He wasn't popular in the dressing room and we played our best football by far when he was out of the side around Christmas. And we were offered a fortune for him.

That said, a replacement would have been nice.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bolton have been saved

Should mean we get to wave them off to L2 next season. And we get to keep our three points. Effectively two more relegation spots. We can survive this season!!!