• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Bolton situation is just as bad. Some teams get an easy win against their under 12's to help them along and others won't play them till they have a proper side. How is that fair?
Looking increasingly likely the youth will have to play for a while to be fair

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
3-0 win for Bury-Lite. The football is certainly attacking and a refreshing change from the desperately dull stuff under Derek Adams. Bury did concede quite a lot of goals for a promoted side and I can see why. Promising so far.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Kepa is such an underrated terrible signing. One of the worst keepers in the league.
Spending that much on a goalkeeper is just asking for a disaster. So much more likely they'll flop compared to the fast, dynamic forwards who are usually reserved for those fees.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bolton situation is just as bad. Some teams get an easy win against their under 12's to help them along and others won't play them till they have a proper side. How is that fair?
The random cancelling a game is even worse. They really need to be kicked out and I’m hoping the Bury thing falls through as well.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The random cancelling a game is even worse. They really need to be kicked out and I’m hoping the Bury thing falls through as well.
Not saying it will really bother my lot as we will be around top 10 and that is all but can you imagine missing out on promotion as Ipswich beat them 5-0 and you only draw when they have a full side later in the season or at the other end Tranmere were to stay up because of the thrashing they gave them and a rival misses that chance to play the weakened team. Total farce, yes I accept clubs can improve through a season etc... but to be playing kids at one point then a proper side later on seems unfair.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I’ve already made that point to my mate. We drew 0-0 up there having had 3 goals chalked off, at least 2 of which there was nothing wrong with them. Those 2 points could be season changers.

I’m not sure who it was that has pointed out that the breaks in the season and then fixture congestion later on will make it an unfair playing field as well.

That’s before the likes of Portsmouth cancel games for stupid reasons as well. Kick them out as well because of the **** with the bell.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t know if Bury are just stalling or if that sale is likely to happen. I can’t imagine what sort of squad they have. We (Plymouth) have 5 of their promotion winning team and wanted 2 others who went elsewhere. They presumably can’t have signed any replacements.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Always risky writing of kids as it can come back to haunt you, but Lingard is a bit **** isn't he?
Less Premier League assists than Adam Johnson in the last 6 years, despite Johnson having spent the last 3 years in jail.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not sure why, I've always found the notion of describing a situation where a commercial transaction is royally ****ed as "collapsing" has always amused me. I think because it conjures images of a bouncy castle deflating, which rather takes the edge of what is otherwise a serious situation. Kind of like once you laugh at something that once scared you it ceases to be scary.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To me, saying "the deal has collapsed" just makes it sound like it has failed through buffoonish incompetence rather than anything else. Maybe that is indeed what happened in this case, I guess we will find out more as details emerge.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Only two relegation places though. Although I might campaign for 6 promotion spots from League 2 instead.

EDIT. If they go out of business 6 will have to go up anyway, so maybe make that 8 up from League 2 and 4 down from League 1.

Double edit. That's not right either. Just promote PAFC now and be done with it.

Last edited: