• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Would hardly be a solution to Arsenal's most problematic positions either, though I'd still happily have him.

Niall

International Coach
Lukaku, De Gea and Pogba want to leave. Numerous duds tied down to long contracts, a huge wage bill and the go to club for players to use publicly to get better deals.

To top it off a guy who has achieved **** all managing them with Woodward as the financial brains behind it all.

Quite feasible that United drop out of the top 6 this season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think any of those three would be much of a loss at this stage tbh.

De Gea is the one people will cry about the most, but the bloke's head hasn't been in it for ages, and his performances across the last couple of seasons have reflected that. Pogba another who is clearly just not up for it, so no point keeping him around either. Lukaku probably the one I would most want to keep, but if we're being honest I very much doubt Utd's fortunes, for better or worse, will be altered that much depending on whether he stays or goes.

cpr

International Coach
Lukaku would probably be the easiest to replace, in that fitting a 20 goal a season striker into this squad shouldn't be a problem. Having said that, I'd like to see him being given a season not playing the Mourinho way. He sacrificed pace for bulk under Jose's orders, when he was an absolute tank to begin with. I'd like to see a season of him playing facing the opposition goal for a change.

De Gea is far more replaceable than some fans think. Sure he pulls off some world class saves, but he's got quite a lot of weaknesses that constantly get overlooked (an ability to be beaten at the near post has been around for a number of years). On top of that he doesn't seem to be able to lead and organize a defence, leading to him being seen to bail them out when he should be helping in the first place. Id seriously consider taking the money if Real come calling.

Letting Pogba go would be a huge mistake IMO. A lot of the criticism he gets is for not being an all-round midfielder doing everything or running around at full pelt for 90 mins, when its never been his style. He was by far and away our most creative player last season, being the one to open defences from deep with some perfect through balls (Rashford at Spurs jumps to mind). Actually having a summers rest and not being forced to play Jose's style will do him a world of good. If the club really wants to back Solskjaer, they've got to keep hold of his only creative midfielder and let him build around him.

cpr

International Coach
His comments sounded a bit out of frustration to me, press have been on his back, pundits giving him stick whenever they can, certain sections of the crowd jumping on it. I think the club can convince him to stay on and things should get better (for the love of ****ing god please...), rather than him adamantly wanting to move no matter what.

Niall

International Coach
His comments sounded a bit out of frustration to me, press have been on his back, pundits giving him stick whenever they can, certain sections of the crowd jumping on it. I think the club can convince him to stay on and things should get better (for the love of ****ing god please...), rather than him adamantly wanting to move no matter what.
His annoyance is understandable. The English media especially the ex utd players in the media are ruthless with him, however operate kid gloves when it comes to average English players like Lingard and the underwhelming Rashford.

Neville especially is dismal here, clearly still matey with Jesse so gets a free pass but obviously no such allegiances to Pogba.

Also does not help Pogba he is surrounded by mediocrity in attack.

Lukaku isn't perfect but bar Pogba and to a lesser extent Mata who can create opportunites for him?

De Gea would need to be replaced by an elite keeper, and how many out there would be ready to come to United atm?

If you sacrifice De Gea then you need an elite right back and centre half to soften the blow, unsure Ed can be trusted with such a task.

cpr

International Coach
We need the centre half no matter what, and yeah, a top class right back wouldnt go amiss (Dalot will be good but not for a while yet).

Which is why we'll end up spunking £90m on Harry McGuire...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strong reports saying Saliba close to signing for us. Quite exciting to sign a highly rated young defender.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lukaku is the one I have a strong opinion on. He's utterly, utterly hopeless at both pressing and link-up and his scoring record at United is actually pretty ****e. Look at his performances over the past two years and we're lucky he still has enough of a reputation that we'd probably be able to shift him.

Pogba is a good player but he's not worth half of what we'd get for him if we sold. It's self-evidently not worked out.

De Gea carried the team for years but we're in such a weak negotiating position. If he wants to leave we haven't much choice but to let him go and you'd have to say he's earned the right.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Football League continue in their attempts to promote the game worldwide. In recent years the League Cup draw has taken place in Vietnam, Hong Kong and Thailand. The draw for next season takes place on Thursday at the Colindale branch of Morrisons.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I have no opinion on the merits or otherwise of Morrisons having never used their services. It's a ****ing stupid place to hold a cup draw though.