• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maguire is pretty good right? Always rated him fairly highly but the people I was chatting to today seem to think he’s pretty mediocre.
I think "pretty good" is about the perfect description for him actually.

Clearly better than mediocre for mine, but also definitely a shade or two below genuinely excellent.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think "pretty good" is about the perfect description for him actually.

Clearly better than mediocre for mine, but also definitely a shade or two below genuinely excellent.
Yeah I’d agree with that.

Not a lot of properly top-class CBs out there though. Don’t think there’s a PL team he doesn’t start for.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah agree. Not elite in the context of best CBs ever, but probably elite amongst his Premiership peers.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah I’d agree with that.

Not a lot of properly top-class CBs out there though. Don’t think there’s a PL team he doesn’t start for.
Surely £25m and £250k to Alderweireld was the thing to do.

Maguire has a lot of qualities. My only worry is he has the turning circle of Boeing 737.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely £25m and £250k to Alderweireld was the thing to do.

Maguire has a lot of qualities. My only worry is he has the turning circle of Boeing 737.
Maybe yeah, but Alderweireld might not have wanted to join us. I wouldn’t if I were him.

It’s just a relief because we’ve been so so bad at CB for so long. Jones and Smalling have the turning circle of an aircraft carrier.

Niall

International Coach
Maybe yeah, but Alderweireld might not have wanted to join us. I wouldn’t if I were him.

It’s just a relief because we’ve been so so bad at CB for so long. Jones and Smalling have the turning circle of an aircraft carrier.
Think Smalling gets to much criticism tbh. Jones, Rojo and Baily are the absolute ****s though.

4 acceptable centre halfs now with Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Maguire and Shaw.

Defensively United look pretty solid though obviously the likes of Darmien, Rojo and Baily getting sold would be ideal.

It does seem though that the Bruno story is very slight, very much the Portugal media trying to engineer a bidding war ,,,a goal scoring midfielder is a priority.

Dybala for Lukaku still seems to good to be true though.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Smalling gets to much criticism tbh. Jones, Rojo and Baily are the absolute ****s though.

4 acceptable centre halfs now with Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Maguire and Shaw.

Defensively United look pretty solid though obviously the likes of Darmien, Rojo and Baily getting sold would be ideal.

It does seem though that the Bruno story is very slight, very much the Portugal media trying to engineer a bidding war ,,,a goal scoring midfielder is a priority.

Dybala for Lukaku still seems to good to be true though.
Once upon a time, Bailly was good at defending. What happened

andmark

International Captain
Community Shield tomorrow. "Confident" is not a word going through my mind at the moment.