• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
View attachment 25331

Had to get Le Tissier in and as a one-club player is perfect. Weakest area feels like it's in the centre-backs where they're still good, just less flashy than other selections. Davids gets picked for his career rather than actual Premier League contributions. Probably replace Essien with a different one of Ivanovic or Azpilicueta on any given day.
Could even get De Bruyne in for Fernandinho I think.

Great team except that Harte was terrible.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could even get De Bruyne in for Fernandinho I think.

Great team except that Harte was terrible.
Yup, no other Belgians in there. Was thinking I needed a genuine DM in there though with that front 4.

Will choose to respectfully disagree about Harte, his overall career might look a bit iffy but at his absolute peak around 1999-2000 he was probably the best in the Prem and was a Champions League semi-finalist too. Sort of the original Leighton Baines too with the free kicks and pens.

Pothas

Ziege at left back? Euro 96 winner. Dennis Irwin is a better Irish option or Steve Staunton too. Technically Gareth Bale too.

The likes of Jussi Jaaskelainen and any of Tim Howard/Brad Friedel/Kasey Keller for an American option, plus Mark Schwarzer. Some bona fide Premier League legends to choose from.

Edit: Missed the club criteria, bah. Think Jussi might be the only option that ends up alright still.
Had Jussi originally but then wanted Okocha so he had to go.

cpr

International Coach
Yup, no other Belgians in there. Was thinking I needed a genuine DM in there though with that front 4.

Will choose to respectfully disagree about Harte, his overall career might look a bit iffy but at his absolute peak around 1999-2000 he was probably the best in the Prem and was a Champions League semi-finalist too. Sort of the original Leighton Baines too with the free kicks and pens.

Did you just talk up Ian Harte as the best left back choice based on his Prem/CL experience, then cite a period 12 months after Irwin had gone even further, then the gall to talk about free kicks and penalties like he invented them. He's not even the best Irishman of that era.

This post stinks, and you stink, and everything stinks.

Matteh

Did you just talk up Ian Harte as the best left back choice based on his Prem/CL experience, then cite a period 12 months after Irwin had gone even further, then the gall to talk about free kicks and penalties like he invented them. He's not even the best Irishman of that era.

This post stinks, and you stink, and everything stinks.
The Irwin possibilities are unfortunately long gone because Ronaldo's already picked by the time you get to LB.

Cited the period Harte made the PFA Team of the Year too mind and still the 4th highest scoring defender in Prem history.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
I seem to remember that peak Laursen was better but he was constantly crocked so Mellberg was more consistently good.
Chipping in as a Villa fan, completely agree with the above. (I loved both of them.)

Also, aren't both Pothas' and Matteh's teams ruined by Salah's Chelsea stint?

Pothas

Ok, gives me an excuse to get rid of Terry and as I should probably have an English player:

Flowers

Coleman
Van Dijk
Laursen
Brunt

Toure
Okocha
Modric

Hazard
Henry
Ronaldo

Matteh

Chipping in as a Villa fan, completely agree with the above. (I loved both of them.)

Also, aren't both Pothas' and Matteh's teams ruined by Salah's Chelsea stint?
Ughhh and I can't just slap Mane in because of Le Tissier. Re-think time later.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Irwin possibilities are unfortunately long gone because Ronaldo's already picked by the time you get to LB.

Cited the period Harte made the PFA Team of the Year too mind and still the 4th highest scoring defender in Prem history.
Harte's set pieces were lethal but he became a meme among Ireland fans for how bad his defending was. Outside of Ireland he'd have been considered one of our best players but most Irish fans wouldn't have had him in the team for most of his career. Don't know if Leeds fans felt the same way but I remember him as one of those players where the less of him you watch the better you think he is.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
On this day ,17 years ago, Mark Viduka simultaneously saved Leeds from Relegation and ended Arsenal's title bid at Highbury. Halucon days.

Matteh

Ronaldo and Bale?
Unclear from the requirements that non-EPL club clashes count otherwise Ronaldo and Davids would've been an issue before. Xabi Alonso is also part of the Real Madrid people and Henry's Juventus time clashes with Ronaldo too.