• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bad injury for Ryan Shawcross today. Not going to celebrate it obviously, but no sympathy from me. At all.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Rugani on loan the latest rumour.

Not seen much of him, but Mina Rzouki says he's ****e, so I already like him.

Can't be any worse than Mustafi anyway.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When a predictions thread for your team has the cliché "Rome wasn't built in a day" used on seven occasions it's fair to say that optimism isn't high.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It's not funny when a town or city is in danger of losing their football club. But I couldn't help a bit of a chuckle at the statement from the EFL that Bury's match on Saturday has been suspended because they weren't convinced that Bury could fulfil the fixture. The manager and back room staff plus half the team from last season are in Plymouth. With Bolton in a similar, though less severe, predicament it leaves two teams starting the season on -12 points. I know Leeds once made the Play-Offs from -15, but I think both are doomed given their resources.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
New (Premiership) season only two weeks away. Seems to have come around very quickly.

Also odd to think that the WC final was now more than a year ago as well.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So per Ornstein:

-Pepe deal is done
-Edu met Rennes President regarding Koscielny and other clubs interested.
-There are multiple suitors for Mustafi (wait, wat?)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So per Ornstein:

-Pepe deal is done
-Edu met Rennes President regarding Koscielny and other clubs interested.
-There are multiple suitors for Mustafi (wait, wat?)
Some apparently willing to pay £30m for him as well. Very peculiar.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's not funny when a town or city is in danger of losing their football club. But I couldn't help a bit of a chuckle at the statement from the EFL that Bury's match on Saturday has been suspended because they weren't convinced that Bury could fulfil the fixture. The manager and back room staff plus half the team from last season are in Plymouth. With Bolton in a similar, though less severe, predicament it leaves two teams starting the season on -12 points. I know Leeds once made the Play-Offs from -15, but I think both are doomed given their resources.
Wonder whose pitch the Bury fans will dance on this season

****s

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Bury have had their winding up petition dismissed by the High Court. I don't think any fans want to see another club go out of business, but considering they cheated their way out of League 2 they should have been kept down. The fact that we could have stayed up as the club in the last relegation place has nothing to do with that suggestion.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, Mansfield are the ones who should feel cheated tbh. Absolute farce. Doubt they will start the season at all

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to say I don't hate football clubs going out of business. Part of me wants the whole professional part of the pyramid to collapse in on itself and for a GAA-like structure to emerge from the ashes.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Fans in Korea turned up to a Juventus friendly but now want their money back plus compensation for mental anguish because Ronaldo didn’t play.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maguire is pretty good right? Always rated him fairly highly but the people I was chatting to today seem to think he’s pretty mediocre.